2007 Yz450f

13 replies to this topic
  • KTM RULES

Posted August 01, 2007 - 01:19 AM

hey guys today my dad went down to the local yamaha dealer and seen them about a 450. they said they could give me a left over 07 model for $9880 and the honda 450 is $9990. i am wondering which bike i would be better off with. i like the yammy cos it has reliability and a fairly strong motor, if i got the YZF i would put a pipe on it but if i got the honda i would keep it stock. would i be better off getting the yamaha?

• flintlock28

Posted August 01, 2007 - 02:22 AM

Yes, you're better off with the dependability, smoothness, and speed of the Yamaha. Do a search on Honda's problems with valve issues. If you wanna ride, get the Yamaha, if you want to spend your time rebuilding your top-end;get the Honda.

My 04' Yammi 450f has had zero problems (except for a blown fork seal), with over 150 hours or more on it. Valves have not needed adjusting yet.

• KTM RULES

Posted August 01, 2007 - 02:26 AM

yeh i know how reliable the yamahas are. i am coming off a 2001 YZ250F, that bike had only had a new set of rings since 2001 and last year it let go, exploding the rod into three peices and destroying everything except the head :lol: but u can expect that with how much work it did. i think i will talk to my dad and convonce him to go yamaha again not honda. anway if i get the yammy what pipe would be best suited to the 450F?

• ben_suhard

Posted August 01, 2007 - 06:46 AM

if i get the yammy what pipe would be best suited to the 450F?

Did you the win the lottery recently? In your last thread, you said you were gonna get the Honda instead 'cause you could trade in your old bike, and now you're gonna spend more cash on a pipe?

• KTM RULES

Posted August 01, 2007 - 07:04 AM

yeh well unlike the honda the 07 yammy has a pipe that is about 1km long, and i dont really like having a huge pipe hanging out the back. so im looking for a smaller more compact pipe, and in doing that i will be making the bike look better plus increasing the power. the local yamaha dealership stocks DR.D systems and i have one on my current YZF and it rips so i might get another one of them. also dad talked to the owner today and he said that he will be able to look around for people who are looking for a 250 so he could sell mine... but dad is going up to the honda dealership on friday and he is going to see how much they would give us with a trade in on my bike, and if they can give us a good deal i will be getting the 07 CRF. whatever bike i get i will be happy, its just i like yamaha so i want to stay with them if it is possible. if not i will be going honda.

• Yamaha4lyfe

Posted August 01, 2007 - 06:46 PM

your not gonna be able to hold on after a pipe :p

• shortburb

Posted August 01, 2007 - 07:19 PM

i like my BIG GUN full exhaust. @ the track one guy said i was the loudest bike there.....which is arguable...i know...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Justin89

Posted August 01, 2007 - 07:30 PM

Powerbomb header w/ the Factory 4.1 exhaust...sounds really good.

• KTM RULES

Posted August 02, 2007 - 01:56 AM

Powerbomb header w/ the Factory 4.1 exhaust...sounds really good.

i like the look of the 4.1 system. if i get the yammy ile have to look and see what dealer can get them in.

• nap__kxf

Posted August 02, 2007 - 01:09 PM

the mags were daying the new dr.d systems were the best for the 07...

• FeliX 450

Posted August 02, 2007 - 04:31 PM

hey guys today my dad went down to the local yamaha dealer and seen them about a 450. they said they could give me a left over 07 model for $9880 and the honda 450 is $9990. i am wondering which bike i would be better off with. i like the yammy cos it has reliability and a fairly strong motor, if i got the YZF i would put a pipe on it but if i got the honda i would keep it stock. would i be better off getting the yamaha?

am i missing something here??? 9980 for a 07 bike....thats 2 grand over MSRP plus the 07's should be on sale now since 08's came and still coming out :confused:

anywho if you like smooth powerband(but still have the 450 power when needed), outstanding handling and light feeling bike Yamaha would be your best bet. :thumbsup:

• grayracer513

Posted August 02, 2007 - 09:26 PM

am i missing something here???

Yes you are; the exchange rate. The Australian Dollar is currently worth about $0.86 U.S.

• KTM RULES

Posted August 03, 2007 - 06:02 AM

Yes you are; the exchange rate. The Australian Dollar is currently worth about $0.86 U.S.

yep exactly right. the bikes are dear over here.

• grayracer513

Posted August 03, 2007 - 08:31 AM

Nah, mate, bikes are easy. It's the damn dollars that are hard to get. :cheers:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.