aftermarket radiators?

No replies to this topic
  • Trent

Posted July 17, 2000 - 12:38 PM

Hi folks,

As per my post a couple days ago I have a rad leak that none of the local shops will touch. It is a small one but hard to fix due to the small size of the cooling fins. Scottyr suggested a place in Ontario that fixes rads but I would be out of commision for 10 days at least.

Do any of you know of an aftermarket rad?

Also, I am definately going to get rad guards and as I understand it there are two types. The ones that protect the front and side and the ones that protect the side and bolt to the rear to prevent the rad from being pushed back. Which of the two types gives the most protection from side impact?

To vent some steam I must say that it is ridiculous how flimsy, expensive, and unprotected these rads are on the stock bike. What the heck is Yamaha thinking?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.