Rear Tire Size

2 replies to this topic
  • Eric_in_WA

Posted July 17, 2000 - 10:45 AM

The stock WR rear tire is 110/100x18. Has anyone tried a 120/100x18 tire on the rear? If so, are there any tire interference problems or handling quarks? I was considering the Dunlop 739AT 120/100x18.

Thanks,
Eric in WA

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 17, 2000 - 11:03 AM

Hey Eric in WA, do you ever make it out to tahuya? I live in Port Orchard witch is pretty close. Maybe we could ride together sometime? I probably have a couple of rides left on my stock tires (rear) before replacing it, and by that time you will be able to recomend a replacement.

• Scrambler

Posted July 17, 2000 - 02:41 PM

I used a 120 on my 98WR. I had no problem with clearance at all. A local racer told me to go with the wider tire. He said it would help in ruts. Did it help? I don't know, who do you think I am Ty Davis. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.