Clear ther Air on the Airbox
Posted July 16, 2000 - 02:40 PM
I have not been on line for a while for a simple reason. Well, two simple reasons...
1. Work - Out of country for a week. Kept up on the postings though
2. A TEST
Please, understand, I am a relatively mellow and down to earth person. Albeit, my postings may indicate otherwise.. I refrained from adding postings and comments to determine whether or not it was I that may have been causing the "negative" vibes that have been going around... PHEW, it was not me.... Damn Happy..
Anyway, getting back to the Air Box. "Skeptical" has a very valid personal point/opinion. If you all look back through the postings, about 5 months ago I made a similar statement... Do you remember.. I questioned all of you about the same things.... But, since that posting I have added: seat, tank and airbox....
Now, the airbox. The Performance I have acheived from the bike is through a combination of DSP Airbox, velocity stack and DSP pipe and header. All combined with jetting specs provided by DSP and the ever reliable Phil Tomlin Racing. The performance gains are actual and measured through the following:
1. Time traps. Drags and lap times
2. Pleasure factor
4. Facts from the Distributors who I know very well.
So, given that, in my case, all four questions give a "YES" I am happy and I have no regretts. There were two very valid points made over the past few days.
1. Skeptical - You have done nothing wrong but expressed your opinion. But, next time, just add a little comment like... "thats my 2c worth" and then we will all realise that it is your opinion and you ARE entitled to it.... Like I said, I was there once myself..
2. Rod H. Very good point about the performance gains. The measured improvements result in 50HP total. But, you are correct in saying that not all will receive the same gains. That is very correct, particularly if they dont have the DSP pipe also. Different gains will be acheived by all. I am certain of that.
Anyway.... Here are my thoughts and I hope I have not offended anybody. I LOVE this site I really do and I am sure we ALL love it and enjoy using it.
Posted July 16, 2000 - 04:21 PM
From now on Im standing with Kevin and only posting messages to the positive and ignoring the negative.
I quote a lyric from a suicidal tendencies song "You cant bring me down!"
Good day mate'! (do you have to be aussie to say that Mitch?)
Darin from Missouri 1999 WR400F
Posted July 16, 2000 - 04:32 PM
Bud, you dont need to be Aussie top say that. All you need to be is a great guy.....
Hell, the more positive we all are the better we will all be and the more hair Bryan will have.
Hey Darin, I cant remember, but are you coming to Moab?
Posted July 16, 2000 - 04:38 PM
It sound to me like this is going to be a yearly event. So if thats the case, count me in next year. Ive got too much going on this summer. Selling the house and looking for a new one, and going to Colorado in August to ride.
I cant wait to hear how it turns out. When are you guys going?
Darin from Missouri 1999 WR400F
Posted July 16, 2000 - 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Mitch from Oz:
2. Rod H. Very good point about the performance gains. The measured improvements result in 50HP total.
Don't give Rod the credit for my post!!
**Ride it like you Stole it!**
Vist the Rubber Chicken Racing Online Shop
Discounts for ThumperTalk members.
Posted July 16, 2000 - 06:53 PM
My wife and I will be in NZ, South Island, for 2 weeks in August. We are landing in Christchurch on the 19th of August and will be spending the night there. Maybe we could hook up some time.
Posted July 17, 2000 - 01:11 AM