hard to decide

4 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 16, 2000 - 06:58 AM

In singapore, the ktm400exc and the 98`wr4 is been legalise on the road. sadly the dealer only bring in the 98 wr4(Aust), sadly still no mods(exhaust pipe) allow on both bike due to traffic regulation. i know that the ktm is ready out of the crate but it is a rfs, durability is still a ??? Is wr4 engine/gearbox/piston durability comparable to xr4 and ktm on the road? Riding 50%trail 50%road. how much hp on the 98wr4 stock.

• PSC

Posted July 16, 2000 - 07:23 AM

KTM - (the factory) does *NOT* support dualsporting their EXC's due to the gear thickness (5th & 6th) and the limited engine oil capacity

Go for a WR, it will last longer in a D/S config. If you must have a Katoom go for the LC4.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mech

Posted July 16, 2000 - 08:05 AM

Hey Blur,
Not to worry about the durability of the bike. I have own the bike for about 19 months and over 20000km and still in very good condition. As for the power with stock pipe you can win any 200, 400 except 250 and the new KTM400. See ya. :)

• Taffy

Posted July 16, 2000 - 09:16 PM

i thought my english was bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boys if you're going to help our friend from singapore, be kind & cut the jargon-PDQ!!!OK.

• PSC

Posted July 16, 2000 - 11:59 PM

You might have noticed that blur400 is in search of a 4-stroke to D/S *NOT* a two stroke. The KTM reliability is from KTM themselves, and refers to the 400EXC & 520 EXC, not something that I sucked out of my thumb.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.