Oil Feed/Return Line Junction On Engine Leaking

1 reply to this topic
  • Kawabuggy

Posted July 31, 2007 - 12:09 PM

I recently had my engine out and torn down. I got it all back together and it is running but now I have an oil leak. Where the two oil lines go into the engine case, there are some O-ring type seals. Mine happen to be green in color. These are not like regular O-rings though because they are tube like. Those of you who have seen them know what I mean.

Anyway, mine looked okay when I put it back together but apparently they are not. My kit did not come with new ones. One or both is leaking at this time. Without waiting a week on the dealership to get me these "SPECIAL-ONE-OF-A-KIND-MILLION-DOLLAR-SEALS" is it possible to rig something else to work????? Can I just double up on each hose with 2 regular O-rings to build the thickness dimension up???

Obviously I don't want to drive it this way. If the SUCTION side of the hose is the one leaking, the oil pump could very well be pulling air in instead of oil and starving my motor of precious oil. If the pressure side is leaking, well, it's not that big of a leak and I could live with it while I wait on the dealership to get the parts. Since I don't know for sure which is leaking, would rather be safe than sorry.

Have a ride planned for this weekend and would like to iron it out before then.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR650L_Dave

Posted July 31, 2007 - 01:02 PM

square cut "o-ring"

and you'll get a few suppliers. McMaster-Carr and Grainger might have 'em, as well.

Maybe a napa or auto-parts store that makes hydraulic lines.

Related Content

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  41 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.