recovery

4 replies to this topic
  • mat

Posted February 27, 2002 - 07:17 PM

does anyone know if u can put the recovery bottle for coolant from a wr on to a yz, in long desert races i starting to lose quite a bit, no no leaks or it going into the engine

• Mark_UK

Posted February 27, 2002 - 09:31 PM

yes

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mcarp

Posted February 28, 2002 - 04:16 AM

Yes, but you have to find a way to mount the tank! The WR subframe has a welded attachement/nut. The YZ subframe does not.

You'll have to fashion brackets to make it work, or use a WR subframe (I'll trade you if you want, I don't use the tank on my WR)

• mcarp

Posted February 28, 2002 - 04:17 AM

Oh, and I'll include the catch tank, lid, hoses, and bolts..

• mcarp

Posted March 01, 2002 - 02:29 PM

Mat-

I got your PM. Tried to reply, but your mailbox is full.

I was hoping your SF would be a '00 or better alum, but since it's a 99, it's steel like mine.
Sorry should have clarified. Since your SF is steel, it should be cheap to weld on mounts for a tank.

Have you tried engine ice, water wetter, or more water content?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.