Bar stool bike stand

12 replies to this topic
  • Huffa 2

Posted July 31, 2007 - 07:51 AM

A little show and tell here ..........

I made this about a year ago.

Platform and whole stand rotates 360 degrees so working on the bike you don't always have to walk to other side, just give her a spin! :thumbsup:

The top I got from a truck mudflap found laying on the road, bar stool was in a dumpster.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• butcharin

Posted July 31, 2007 - 08:08 AM

That's pretty cool. :thumbsup: Do you ever have trouble with it moving when you are getting the bike up on it?

• Denn10

Posted July 31, 2007 - 08:11 AM

i wish my stupid work comp with its sensative intranet would let me view pics HUFF always has some cool stuff to show off.

• martinfan30

Posted July 31, 2007 - 08:51 AM

nice huffa!:thumbsup:

• Huffa 2

Posted July 31, 2007 - 08:52 AM

That's pretty cool. :thumbsup: Do you ever have trouble with it moving when you are getting the bike up on it?

Not so much with the stand moving (2 wheels have brakes) but having the strength to lift the beast!

Was no problem with my 230 lb 450 but a 100 more pounds takes all the strength I have! I lift it by leaning it on me and grabbing the passenger foot peg bracket, otherwise I would not be able to get it on.

The stand could stand to be a little lower for the L though.

I had a old milk crate for 15 some years with wheels on, that worked fine too, you really don't need the top to swivel and what does happen when you go to push bar stool is it tends to just want to rotate instead of forward momentum, but the top swivel is definitly a plus, not having to rotate the whole stand anymore.

I'll make some sort of lock on platform to stop it from swiveling when I want to push it.

The brakes are on because the second you go out my driveway (park there to wash it) it's so steep the bike would roll down to the street! Of course on the L, having a kickstand, I don't need it for that purpose anymore.

It's very handy to store your dirt bikes on and to move them out of the way if you have to. Just don't use cheap wheels or it might not roll good. Got the wheels at harbor freight.

Posted Image

• Huffa 2

Posted July 31, 2007 - 08:53 AM

i wish my stupid work comp with its sensative intranet would let me view pics HUFF always has some cool stuff to show off.

Thank You!

See it when you get home?

Thanks martin, I was thinking of mass producing them but they take quite a bit of time to make, would cost too much + I'd have to be on the lookout at bar dumpsters all the time. :lol:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • InternalCombustion

Posted July 31, 2007 - 09:53 AM

Way too cool, Huffa.

You da man!

• wheelnut46

Posted July 31, 2007 - 10:22 AM

What a great idea. I have an identical stool that is meant for sitting at my workbench. My workbench is far too cluttered to sit at so I'll make the stool into a bike stand instead.

• Suikerland

Posted July 31, 2007 - 01:04 PM

Bummer. I just spent $200 on a stand.
Never ignore the obvious. Sometimes the best solution is right under your ass.

• Huffa 2

Posted July 31, 2007 - 01:22 PM

Bummer. I just spent $200 on a stand.
Never ignore the obvious. Sometimes the best solution is right under your ass.

Dang, that would of been a great subject title for it ! :thumbsup:

• XR650L_Dave

Posted July 31, 2007 - 02:47 PM

That stand is pretty darn good.

I just got a grade-C blemished lift/stand from hawg racing- $200 stand for $100, +25 shipping. No way I have $200 for a stand, but $125 goes a long way towards soothing my back!

Dave

• martinfan30

Posted August 01, 2007 - 06:44 AM

kragen has these hydraulic bike jacks for 49 bucks. anybody have one? are they worth it?

• Huffa 2

Posted August 01, 2007 - 07:25 AM

That stand is pretty darn good.

I just got a grade-C blemished lift/stand from hawg racing- $200 stand for $100, +25 shipping. No way I have $200 for a stand, but $125 goes a long way towards soothing my back!

Dave

Your lucky man, you have the room for it ! TONS of room! :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.