Heating up 02 yz426f

5 replies to this topic
  • 426 NOOB

Posted July 30, 2007 - 10:28 PM

Well im new to the 426 and it is the only bike that I have ever owned that has been water cooled. I guess you could say that i get the jitters about little stuff like, since it is water cooled i thought that it shouldnt get hot but man does it. I have read to use engine ice coolant, will this really help from overheating because that is one thing i dont want to do..

• jayh300

Posted July 31, 2007 - 06:09 AM

yes. I run engine ice in my 400 and have not overheated since.

• motobeck

Posted July 31, 2007 - 08:16 AM

Most importantly, do not let the bike sit idling for more than a minute or two. If you do, you will notice coolant running out the overflow tube. These bikes need air running through the rad to keep them cool.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 426 NOOB

Posted July 31, 2007 - 12:34 PM

Thanks, and how about the swap from normal coolant to engine ice. Do you just drain the radiator and refill with e-ice or fill with distilled water to drain the water pump and then fill with e-ice

• grayracer513

Posted July 31, 2007 - 01:05 PM

The water pump has a drain plug on it. Look for the copper washer.

Got a manual?

http://www.yamahaown...ook.com.au/?r=0

• 426 NOOB

Posted July 31, 2007 - 01:08 PM

I appreciate the help, thanks

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.