KLX 300 tips....!!??

2 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 13, 2000 - 06:48 AM

I'm a 17 year old kid from norway. I've been riding motocross for five year's now and just bought me a Kawasaki KLX 300 for the streets, (still riding mx, on my YZ 250 '2000) but it isn't fast enough..! Do you guy's have eny tech tips or tuning tips for a KLX 300 or 650?? The bike is stock. And do the KX 250 plastic fit the KLX 300?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bryan

Posted July 13, 2000 - 07:20 AM

The KLX 300 has a reputation for being a great handling bike.
But if you want WR power, I would suggest a tool bag swap:

1) Remove tool bag from your KLX
2) Replace KLX with WR400
3) Put tool bag back on new bike

Now you have a bike that completely rips and will kick butt on the KLX on anything but the tightest of trails.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 15, 2000 - 05:56 PM

there is a couple klx 300 sites that have hop up tips. first thing would be to put a different carb then open up the exhaust. just look up klx 300 on a search engine and good luck. no the plastic of a kx will not bolt on a klx. and yes the klx is slower than ****, i used to own one before the wr400.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.