3 replies to this topic

Posted July 12, 2000 - 02:58 PM

What kind of lifespan are you getting out of your plugs? Also has anyone changed the heatrange or brand of plug from stock?

[This message has been edited by UMAGUMADOG (edited 07-12-2000).]

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted July 13, 2000 - 03:55 AM

I am using Splitfires right now. In THEORY, the Splitfire should be a better performer than a standard plug. I use to use Nippondenso (ND) Hot-U's in my Honda, and raced weekly. I used one plug the ENTIRE racing season. I swear by them. I couldn't locate a dealer that sold them. I ended up buying the Split's through Dennis Kirk. I was seeing the Split's run $8.00, but DK has them for ~$3.50-$4.00. I have run 200+ miles on the Split with nary (isn't that a cool word, nary...???) a problem.

99 WR, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat, jetting by Clark, got forked by Pro Action.

For clarification: WE'LL be having a KICK ASS time in Moab!! Right Mitch?!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Elian

Posted July 13, 2000 - 03:16 PM

Yesterday I can´t start my wr400´99, the problem was the spark plug, but I can´t get a NGK CR8E, in the workshop give me an NGK CR9EH-9. Does it work like the standard?.

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted July 13, 2000 - 05:24 PM

The 9 of CR9 means the plug is colder. If your jetting is rich, it will foul out sooner. I do not know what the H-9 part means. I am sure someone else here can help you out though.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.