Cracked tank

6 replies to this topic
  • rob612

Posted July 30, 2007 - 12:47 PM

I have an 02' YZ426 and while riding the other day i noticed a constant drip of gasoline dripping on the ground. Taking off the tank i noticed a crack on the bottom of it. Does anybody out there know how to fix a cracked gasoline tank. These things are freakin expensive. OEM about 300.00$. I tried JB weld but that cracked also. I'm looking at EBay but haven't found any yet.

• grayracer513

Posted July 30, 2007 - 01:17 PM

Clarke makes both oversized and OEM replacement tanks for under $200 in multiple colors.

• 642MX

Posted July 30, 2007 - 06:55 PM

I'm looking at EBay but haven't found any yet.

Here ya go.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...sspagenameZWDVW

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • blue9red9

Posted July 30, 2007 - 08:02 PM

When both my and my buddies 426 tanks cracks, we both bought the clarke tank. No more problems were to be had.

• Bunnin

Posted September 04, 2007 - 11:02 AM

I have noticed with JB weld that if your going to be using it on a place (such as the bottom of ur tank) that will be ahving gas touch it all the time its best to use just a little more hardened and spread a thick layer that thins out over a fairly larger area than just the crack, this will help to prevent the JB weld its self from cracking but the 426 tanks have a slight rep with cracking so u may just want to get a new one anyway and since there not a large tank its a good excuse to upgrade your tank to a larger size

• King_Air

Posted September 05, 2007 - 05:56 AM

IMHO it is too risky to repair the fuel tank. Dripping gas and hot engines don't mix well. I bought a Clarke replacement for mine when this happen. No issues with the replacement.

• rexbond007

Posted September 05, 2007 - 07:21 AM

here's the clark website

http://www.clarkemfg.com

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.