Need jetting recommendations

4 replies to this topic
  • fershy

Posted July 09, 2000 - 05:46 PM

99 WR 400 FMF powercore iv stock header airbox cover removed, WR timing. Stock needle stock clip position

Just changed the stock 168 to a 170, and cleaned out the pumper circuit.
It feels flat off the bottom until onto the main. fuel screw is 2 3/4 turns out with the stock PJ Not sure what it is on a Canadian spec? 48?
Altitude is 2800 ft up to 5500 normally. Any baselines recommendations from others running simalar setup would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
fershy

[This message has been edited by fershy (edited 07-09-2000).]

• fershy

Posted July 11, 2000 - 03:00 PM

No responses? C'mon guys, tis not an ol boys club is it?
Help! Please?
fershy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RodH

Posted July 11, 2000 - 03:59 PM

You will need to pull the pilot jet out and see what size it is, and then go from there. I would say try a 48.
As the Canadian model is the same as the Aus. model, and they come standard with a 45 and I think you should start at 1-1/2 turns and work your way out.
Mine had that problem, and the next pilot jet up fixed it.

------------------
RodH Canberra, Australia<A HREF="http://www.400thumpers.oz-au.com" TARGET=_blank>
400 Thumpers Australia</A>
2000 WR400F See Photo's and Modifications

• Bill

Posted July 12, 2000 - 02:19 AM

Try to go up one on the pilot and if that doesn't work, move the clip down one position to raise the needle. I have a US 99 WR with a similar set-up.

Remember one change at a time (baby steps) and keep notes}:-)

Good luck
Bill

------------------
86TT225, 98CR80, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

• James_Dean

Posted July 12, 2000 - 05:37 AM

fershy,
The settings you described are usually good ones for most '99WR's. Let us know if the increased pilot or richer clip solve your problem.
James

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.