BK mod for 2002WR426?Is it possible?

14 replies to this topic
  • BigDesto

Posted February 27, 2002 - 01:17 PM

:) does anyone know if the 2002 WR426 needs the bk mod,or should i say can it be done? Anybody out
there that knows? Thanx, Mike D

• SoCalWR426

Posted February 27, 2002 - 06:55 PM

Sighhhh,

SoCal

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted February 27, 2002 - 07:57 PM

SoCal, Do you know?? I heard that the 2002's might not be applicable. I can't believe nobody has answered this question yet.... ????

• omnivortex

Posted February 27, 2002 - 08:30 PM

Actually it is possible to do...but I havent had the time to do it yet. I pulled off the cover and the little tab is there. The bog doesnt seem to happen as much now that the bike is broken in and I am used to the four stroke.

I think I am still gonna do it, because unfortunately the only time I seem to notice the bog is when I hit a jump and accidently chop the throttle and the rear wheel is in my arse....not good

• SoCalWR426

Posted February 27, 2002 - 09:28 PM

Dan,
Please tell me you are pulling my leg!
It seems I have been talking to the winds!.. Unfortunantly guy's read about the (mod) and that's great! if you have an 01 or earlier WR/YZ..YES you will have a slight bog untill you do YZ timing, proper jetting and get rid of the stock pipe!.. But if you feel you must have this mod or you'll be missing out on somthing, even though you might not have dialed in the above mentioned items, go right on ahead! Whats the worse that can happen? You dial the BK back to stock if it doesn't work out for you, and be kind enough to post you findings.. I believe Hbomb was the last to post how his BK went on his 02.. Whew! Ok, I'll climb off my soap-box now.. Oh, I didn't answer the question. Yes it is possible to do the BK on 02's :)

SoCal

• Taffy

Posted February 27, 2002 - 11:34 PM

socal

you're getting to sound a bit like me more and more each day. so you ARE human after all.

like me you want the administrators to take some of this but i don't think they can hear us.

i've just let loose at some DR hot shots and my ears are ringing!

Taffy

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted February 28, 2002 - 05:56 AM

Socal and Taffy, Give me a break!!!! I have the 2001 model!!!!!! I have the BK mod!!!!!

I would like to help him out and do the mod for him.

He has a 2002!!! Before I tell him that I would do it for him I want to make sure that it can be done, I heard from another post that the 2002 can't be done.

I can't keep track of all of the carbs and their differences.

All you guys had to say is "do it" or "dont do it" but instead I get a lesson on how stupid I am for not knowing the difference between the 2001 and 2002 carbs. whatever.........

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SoCalWR426

Posted February 28, 2002 - 06:30 AM

So Sorry Dan,
I Truely did think you were pulling my leg. It's just this question keeps coming up on the 02's. I have posted many times that even Brian K. mentions that the 02's with ignition re-maped and carb changes that they don't need it. As you mentioned you have an 01, this is a very worthwile mod for the 01 if needed. Every bike is a rule unto itself, thats why I mentioned that if you feel you need it on a 02 go ahead and do it. This was a subject I looked at very hard, contacted people after they did their BK + what Mr. BK himself say's. From the informal survey's I got on 02's and BK, it seem's it was less than 1 out of 6 had any improvment. The rest said they had to go back to stock as that's where it ran best. Once again, sorry for the misunderstanding... How about them Lakers? :)

SoCal

Oh yea, Motoman393 on the YZ side has a good How-To on the BK on his web site..

[ February 28, 2002: Message edited by: SoCalWR426 ]

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted March 01, 2002 - 06:33 AM

Socal: :D :) :D

The coolest thing about the "BK" mod is that if you don't like it just turn the little screw out and it's gone.

Gooooo Laker girls........ I like the cute blond with the long hair... (I don't think she knows I exist) I sometimes get free tickets from my work, maybe we could go to a game and stand in the lobby and talk about the "BK" mod and how is has changed the way we look at the world .....
Posted Image

[ March 01, 2002: Message edited by: Dan Lorenze ]

• h_bomb

Posted March 01, 2002 - 06:48 AM

Try it its easy,like I said before I did it to mine and tried several different jets went to the track hit the throttle quick to clear a double big bog backed out the screw a little at a time it kept getting better and better so I took it all the way out ,now it has no bog.It may work with yours give it a try.GOOD LUCK?

• FERNANDEZ

Posted March 01, 2002 - 07:24 PM

IN REGARDS TO THE BK MOD ON THE 2002. I DID IT ON MY 02 WR AND NOTICED A BIG DIFFERENCE, ALOT MORE HIT OF THE BOTTOM NO BOG. I THINK THE REASON ALOT OF GUYS DON'T NOTICE A BIG DIFF (ON 01 OR 02) IS BECAUSE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO GET THE SQUIRT AND THE TIMING OF THE SQUIRT JUST RIGHT.

2002 WR426 YZ TIMING, GRAY WIRECUT ,BK MOD 1&3/4 TURNS ,172 MAIN 45 PILOT ,DID GOLD ,RENTAL HI BEND ,14/50 STREET LEGAL MORE OR LESS AND A TWEATIE BIRD CHIRP TO BOOT

• SoCalWR426

Posted March 01, 2002 - 07:51 PM

Hbomb,
Screw backed all the way out? doesn't that put you back to stock? Hmmmm...enquiring minds want to know!
Fernandez did not mention his exhaust, perhaps he will fill in the details. We can learn from this!
That tweety bird chirp drives me nuts!
SoCal

[ March 01, 2002: Message edited by: SoCalWR426 ]

• gerry

Posted March 02, 2002 - 01:28 AM

I've just carried out the BK mod I've not ridden the bike yet but with it warmed up and cracking the throttle open the bike coughs and stalls I've backed out the air jet a little but wonder what is it I'm doing wrong the jet sprays for about 0.5 of a second and does not hit my slide I'm still running standard jetting Main Jet 165, Pilot Jet 42 and needle at #4 with the air screw approx 1/3/4 turns out. It seems very difficult to actually time the sqirt of fuel any suggestions, this mod was a dream to carry out

• h_bomb

Posted March 02, 2002 - 04:57 AM

SoCal,my jetting is stk now Im trying it out Sunday at HV MX,I will let you guys know how it is with the 162m.BK screw removed?
My bike isnt a WR?
[ March 02, 2002: Message edited by: h bomb ]

[ March 02, 2002: Message edited by: h bomb ]

• FERNANDEZ

Posted March 02, 2002 - 06:43 AM

HBOMB,
SO SORRY, I HAVE STOCK EXHAUST BAFFLE OUT AND LID OF. I KIND OF LIKE TWEATIE HE KEEPS ME COMPANY, I THINK WHEN HE'S HAPPY MY BIKES HAPPY.

GERRY,

TRY THIS COMBO YZ TIMING 172MAIN 45 PILOT NEEDLE IN THE MIDDLE POSITION.I ALSO CUT THE GRAY WIRE. THIS COMBO WORKS REALLY GOOD FOR ME AT SEA LEVEL OR CLOSE TO ,ATHOUGH I HAVE NOT TRIED THIS AT THE HIGH DESERT YET. I WILL LET YOU ALL KNOW HOW IT WORKS WHEN I GET UP THERE. AS FAR AS THE SQUIRT, YOU KIND HAVE TO ADJUST BOTH SCREWS TOGETHER TO GET THE RIGHT AMOUNT AND TIME. YOU ARE RIGHT IT IS HARD TO TIME IT EXACTLY , I MADE MINE ABOUT A BLIRP SO FAST YOU COULD HARDLY COUNT IT.GOOD LUCK, LET ME KNOW HOW IT GO'S.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.