Melted Brake Fluid Resevoir

4 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 10, 2000 - 04:01 AM

Was cleaning my bike yesterday and unhappily noticed that my exghaust pipe had partially melted my rear brake fluid resevoir. Not to the point that it is leaking but it still doesn't look good. I took a few falls this weekend and assume that one of them pushed the resevoir against the pipe (downside of using the carbon fiber frame guards I guess). I have the WB e-series pipe will probably replace the resevoir to be safe. Anyone have any ideas of how to widen the space between the resevoir and pipe. I know that I'll put the exghaust tape on the pipe to shield some heat but would appreciate any other advice. Thx!

• Nathan_In_So_Cal

Posted July 10, 2000 - 05:58 AM

Stroker makes aluminum rear brake fluid reservoir I think its $45 ..... it could be less than the stock Yamaha plastic one. Here is a link http://stroker.fusio...n/questions.cfm

Their server was down when I checked earlier but it was up last nite.
Good Luck

------------------
Nathan Apelbaum
99 WR400F IMS Seat/Tank,Scotts full suspension mods,Fastlines front line w/CR routing,Scotts Tripletree,Dampner and Protaper combo,Big Gun tapered header and muffler,W.R.D. 7.5oz flywheel weight, de-octopussed, Ricky Stator rewind, Air box lid off,UNI Air filter,DSC legalizer kit,Dunlop K139 Frt D606 rear and a couple of other little bits

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 10, 2000 - 06:19 PM

Called Stroker and they said that it will be a couple of weeks before I can get one. Anyone know of anyone manufacturer of aluminum resevoirs?

• Clark_Mason

Posted July 10, 2000 - 07:25 PM

Richard

When you mount the Rear brake reservoir put a couple of washers between the frame mounting tab and the reservoir flange this will space the reservoir out away from the exhaust and buy a little clearence, which may be enough.

Clark

• Heywood

Posted July 11, 2000 - 02:13 PM

Pro Circuit makes a trick Aluminum Resevoir. My buddy has one (Red), but I don't know the cost.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.