What in the world is Moab?

7 replies to this topic
  • HGaither

Posted July 09, 2000 - 01:14 PM

Well, please explain.Harvey in Alabama.By the way,any more WR owners in Alabama?

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted July 09, 2000 - 01:41 PM

Moab, Utah...A wet dream of a riding area. It is the location of our first ThumperTalk Union/Reunion. Lot's of blue, lots of brew and grand ole time for everyone.

At least that is my plan.

Kevin

------------------
99 WR, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat, jetting by Clark, got forked by Pro Action.
AMA, NETRA

For clarification: WE'LL be having a KICK ASS time in Moab!! Right Mitch?!!

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 10, 2000 - 04:19 PM

Moab is the perfect blend of rock (check out slickrock trail), dirt, sand, scenery and hot weather. If you're used to tight eastern woods, this will be a spectactular change. Things can still get twisty and tight but lots of open space in between to crank on the throttle. Moab proves how incredibly durable these steel horses really are!

• paul913

Posted July 11, 2000 - 02:22 PM

Harvey,
Moab is a very small town in the eastern Utah canyon lands. There are three national parks there – Canyonlands, Arches and Dead Horse Point. Other than a few hotels, restaurants, and bicycle shops it’s all rock and sand! Go for it! It has become a ‘Meca’ for mountain bikers once they found that they too are allowed on the Motorcycle Trails.

Check out some of the pictures on the TTalk WR Pictures page. Here are some of the Moab captions.

-Tim from Utah Moto Adventures
-Chris on SlickRock
-Kerry T at it again
-Now THIS is why we always go to Southern Utah to Ride!
-Some great pics of Doug riding in Moab

Moab offers an incredible riding vacation! There are hundreds of miles of trails and dirt roads where bikes are WELCOME (believe it or not!). The scenery will blow you away! There might not be another place in the lower-48 that is farther from Alabama! The costs aren't bad and there will be several experienced guys there to help you out. Hope to see you there!

Jake

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • paul913

Posted July 11, 2000 - 02:27 PM

Also Check out the Utah Moto-Adventures web site: http://www.utahmoto....moto2/moab.html
They have some awesome Moab pictures.
Jake

• Team_Oatmeal_Pie

Posted July 11, 2000 - 03:55 PM

Dont listen to Kevin he doesnt know what he's talking about, probably too many knocks on the head, I told him to stop wearing that toilet paper and duct tape helmet. Moab is that brown mushy stuff that builds up in the bottom of your tool box when too many diff petroleum products spill out and you neglect to clean it up, it seems to take on its own life form after awhile leaking out on to the garage floor and all. :) :D

• Team_Oatmeal_Pie

Posted July 11, 2000 - 03:59 PM

Dont listen to Kevin he doesnt know what he's talking about too many knocks on the head, I told him to stop wearing that toilet paper and duct tape helmet. Moab is really that brown mushy stuff that builds up in the bottom of your tool box when too many petroleum products leak out that you neglect to clean up, it leaks out everywhere and seems to take on a life form of its own. :)

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted July 11, 2000 - 05:39 PM

Pie Man,
I always eagerly wait for your responses as they are quite genuine. My laughter is always followed with my saying, "Pie Man, you are a nut!!", and then I laugh some more.
My problem isn't from my toilet paper helmet, it is from the time I went in to see the Doc w/ severe constipation. Something happened to my chart and they gave me a labotomy instead, "Those Bastards!!"

If I only had half a brain, I could accomplish great things!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.