I'm getting friggin' old....

28 replies to this topic
  • Polar_Bus

Posted July 30, 2007 - 04:07 PM

Oh, man this thread is just too funny. We may not be fast for as long as we used to, but we have a lot of laughs in the process.....

Another of my favorite quotes "The older I get the faster I was":ride:

These mouthy punks nowadays can buy stone reliable, comfy factory works bike right off the showroom floor.....

remember how much rider input, rider abuse and weekly $$$$ maintenence it took to race a 1979 RM, CR, YZ 100 or 125????? That was an era when us boys were MEN....:rant:

• Polar_Bus

Posted July 30, 2007 - 04:23 PM

don't bet on that.... you have given some pretty good clues.
I think I could come up with a pretty close number

Usually guys that no longer wish to disclose their age so so out of frustration because there is no longer a Vet class that can accomidate riders over 59-1/2. I did hear rumours the AMA is contemplating a "retiree-vet class" that consists of the gate, and one turn, then back to the pits..... j/k

• Goosedog

Posted July 30, 2007 - 06:50 PM

I just don't think about my age, I think more interms of how can I get faster, jump farther, etc. I'm in better shape now than I was at half my age and my riding abilities seem to show that. The better I feel the better I ride and the less I get tired or sore.

Good grief, if I stopped long enough to realize my age or what other 47 yr olds were doing I might come to my senses. I'll quit when I have to start wearing Depends as bomber shorts.

This is me yesterday at the local track.
Posted Image

Posted Image

• 642MX

Posted July 31, 2007 - 04:30 AM

I was getting harrassed by a younger riding buddy of mine (642MX) He told me that he didn't think the age counter went that high. :eek:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I thought you forgot about that by now.

You +40 guys crack me up. My Dad actually got faster in his 40's. He's 55 now (only 1 year older than 00YZ426FMRCD :smirk: ) and he can still ride fast.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DRTYHRRY

Posted July 31, 2007 - 08:22 AM

You guys need to check out OldtimerMX. Five levels of expertise at 40+, Four levels at 50+ & 60+, Three levels at 70+, only one at 80+. Shortest motos are 15 minutes so you don't just ride four laps and sit on your ass for four hours. Sandbaggers don't last long since records are kept and new guys are noticed and moved up or down as necessary. Twelve races per year at good tracks, Washougal, Glen Helen, etc.

You can check the action at:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/russrr/

• 00YZ426FMRCD

Posted July 31, 2007 - 01:39 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: I thought you forgot about that by now.

You +40 guys crack me up. My Dad actually got faster in his 40's. He's 55 now (only 1 year older than 00YZ426FMRCD :smirk: ) and he can still ride fast.

:lol: This thread has the potential to be another TT classic! 642MX - Come on man! I am not that old. I am much faster than I was in my 20's, I just can't see. Comes in handy when picking new lines! Can't wait to ride!!!

• 642MX

Posted July 31, 2007 - 01:50 PM

I just can't see. Comes in handy when picking new lines! Can't wait to ride!!!

I just spit Sunkist all over my key board........ :lol:

This thread is a classic! :applause:

• Polar_Bus

Posted July 31, 2007 - 02:59 PM

642MX - Come on man! I am not that old. I am much faster than I was in my 20's, I just can't see.

Yea, this is what we all like to think..

I used to be able to ride all weekend before flaming monkey butt took it's toll, now, for cripes sake, I gotta run back to my truck after like only an hour, for a fresh repack of crack jelly !

• bleetham

Posted July 31, 2007 - 03:25 PM

Great thread, how you age is all in your mind. I've been a trail rider on and off for most of my life. Then last year decided that it was now or never when it comes to racing. I raced my first motocross at age 50. Since last year I've raced 8 more times, advanced a class and can't wait to get to the races. It's the most fun I've had on a dirt bike in a long time. Another guy in the OTHG club is 63 and he still rides his rear off. Like I said, it's all in your attitude. (of course it doesn't hurt to excercise and stay in shape too).

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.