WR450 Shim stack

5 replies to this topic
  • fitzy

Posted July 30, 2007 - 01:57 AM

Can anybody tell me or pm me the standard shim stack for an 07 WR450 set of forks???
Thanks

• Mutu

Posted July 31, 2007 - 03:11 AM

hahaha, that's like asking who here's been to the moon!

• RickSanson

Posted July 31, 2007 - 11:11 AM

There is no shim stack for these forks...

Apparently you have to buy the spring you need for your required pre-load.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mutu

Posted July 31, 2007 - 04:29 PM

There is no shim stack for these forks...

Apparently you have to buy the spring you need for your required pre-load.

I hope you are joking. :excuseme:

• RickSanson

Posted July 31, 2007 - 05:14 PM

I just bought my 07 WR450F yesterday and was looking at the "Owners Manual" which in fact is the complete service manual and includes all disassembly, inspection and assembly diagrams and no dice on the shim stack.

Just to be certain of this I called MX-Tech and asked the same question. They said no, no shim stack. I then followed up with the comment about the need to purchase the spring for the required pre-load and the MX-Tech technician answer was yes. I may not have accurately asked the question so there may have been some confusion on his part to my question but I don't think so.

I am a suspension novice so please don't take my word for it. I can read as well as the next guy and there are zero references to a "shim stack" in this manual.

• fitzy

Posted August 01, 2007 - 12:54 PM

I probably asked the wrong way, as yes there is no shim stack like previous forks but there is a set of shims in there. Just need to know the stock ones and there order of instalation:thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.