2 stroke WR400

1 reply to this topic
  • Andy_Baker

Posted July 10, 2000 - 12:20 PM

Anybody got any ideas on using 2 strkoe oil in WR400 fuel ?
It has been suggested to me by someone who races a YZ400 regularly , that it is a good idea to run a very small amount of Synthetic 2 stroke oil with the fuel ( about 1 to 2 ml per litre of fuel )
this apparently acts as an upper cyclinder lubricant , and also helps prevent valve seat wear .
Anyone got any feelings on this ??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Scrambler

Posted July 10, 2000 - 12:43 PM

I read an article in a magazine about a year ago regarding this very thing. They said to save your money. All that adding 2 stroke oil to your fuel will do is gum things up in your 4stroke more quickly. Like the spark plug. I'm not an expert on this but that article stuck with me for some reason.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.