Triple clamps and fork spots

3 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 10, 2000 - 04:15 AM

I know that this is anal but while I'm in the mood to post things....... My triple clamps (Scotts) and top of forks became very spotted after washing. Looks like soap has dried on them. I sprayed them good with Simple Green and they still haven't come clean. It's no big deal but I know the metal shouldn't look like this. Don't want to use anything too powerful which would hurt thr metal but would like to clean them up. I just can't stand to see my baby nasty. It's like she has the crabs or something. Yes..my wife says that I'm obsessed!

• jj

Posted July 10, 2000 - 07:33 AM

This may sound really wierd, but try Pledge. Thats right regualar household Pledge, lemon flavor! Seriously this stuff works. I've used it to clean my mountain bike in the past and decided to use it on my moto, it works! I use it on everything, except the header. It's been the only thing that will make the silencer look black.
Try it it cant hurt, besides your ride will sure smell good!

------------------
JJ - 99 WR; WR timed, stock jetting, Scotts stabalizer, Scotts triple clamps, Pro-Tapers, Terry Cable Hot start, MSR Raptor clutch lever, Moose skid plate, Works frame guards, Acerbis Pro Rally guards, Renthal MD-soft grips, Russel speed bleeders, Factory Effect graphics, YZ rear fender

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Clark_Mason

Posted July 10, 2000 - 07:02 PM

Some of the cleaners you guys are using like Simple Green etc. if not properly and COMPLETLY rised off of aluminum parts will definately discolor and even corrode them over time. Rinse and completly dry that scoot.

Clark

• imported_Scott_H

Posted July 10, 2000 - 07:15 PM

Make sure you keep Simple Green off of your ICO computer if you have one installed. I remember reading something in their manual about that stuff wiping out the rubber seals that protects the buttons on these units.

Scott

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.