Poison Spider Arch Video

33 replies to this topic
  • N7SLC

Posted March 08, 2004 - 06:16 PM

Can't say I know Dodger, but I have a copy of the video... it is about 1MB, goes for about 10 seconds or so, crossing the 'bridge' part of the 'spider arch', I think it is like 700 feet drop on one side, and 200 on the other or something like that...

Anyone want the video? I can e-mail it, just send me a PM with your e-mail address...

David

I can always put it up on isp server for all to have...

• ddialogue

Posted March 08, 2004 - 06:32 PM

Do it. Just give credit by posting the name of the person, dates and places, etc. :)

• N7SLC

Posted March 08, 2004 - 06:40 PM

Here you go boys. A special thanks to yamaha.dude for getting us
the video. Enjoy!

Dodger - Poison Spider Arch Video

Low quality, but if you've ever been there, it's bone chilling. The
drop to his left is about 800 feet down to Potash Road and to his
right is a bowl that is at least 50 feet down.

Any mistake, would be a costly one.

Dan

• pedman

Posted March 08, 2004 - 06:55 PM

Thanks Dan,

I remember this earlier from Dodger. He told me on one of his trips out on Poison Spider, they were pulling a KTM up from the bottom off of the 50 foot drop. Do not know if the rider got hurt. I have walked the arch personally and in a pair of Tech 8's it is scarey. :)

• yamaha.dude

Posted March 08, 2004 - 07:12 PM

I would love to visit Moab... not sure I would ride across that part of it though... I have some still pictures that make it look REAL scary to think about going over the deep side...

The lens flare at the start of the video clip makes Dodger look like he is doing it on one wheel!

David

• ddialogue

Posted March 09, 2004 - 03:50 AM

N7SLC and I stopped at that arch and checked it out. I wouldn't even dare walk across it in my Tech 8's let alone RIDE ACROSS IT!! :)

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 09, 2004 - 02:25 PM

I remember seeing the video of a guy crossing that arch a few years ago and I thought it was cool and when I got there in real life to see the arch and actually saw where he rode I thought he was insane! That is one scary drop! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • N7SLC

Posted March 09, 2004 - 03:32 PM

The difficulty factor isn't very high, it's the PUCKER factor that's
off the scale!! :)

• Chukkar

Posted March 10, 2004 - 04:49 PM

N7SLC.....Thanks for getting the video link operational. Although the video is a little rough, it is awesome to see. If anyone ever attempts the crossing on a bike again, I sure hope they post it. :)

• N7SLC

Posted March 10, 2004 - 05:20 PM

I'm not gonna ride across it, but I can be talked into to taking my
video camera and getting some up close video of it... Maybe a good
shot of what the bowl near it looks like too :)

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 19, 2004 - 04:31 PM

Huge Pucker Factor! I cant stand that close to a 2000 foot drop! Huge Guts! :) :D :D

• Chukkar

Posted March 13, 2005 - 07:21 PM

Does anyone have an updated link to this video? It's a gotta see! :)

• SMD

Posted March 13, 2005 - 08:54 PM

Ditto??? Bring it on.......please. :)

• ovrrdrive

Posted March 14, 2005 - 01:39 AM

The link on page 3 worked fine for me...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.