a few ?'s

8 replies to this topic
  • TL426

Posted July 29, 2007 - 08:19 PM

Its that time for me to start freshening up my bike. im ordering chain, sprockets, fork oil, fork seals, handlebars, and tires... i could use reccomendations on anything, because im a noob when it comes to modding. i dont know what the stock gearing is on my 01 426, but i know its a tooth down on the rear sprocket (i think, or maybe a tooth up on the front), and im wanting the same gear spread. id like to know the best intermediate tires, and some good vibration absorbing handlebars that are a decent price. thanks for the help!

• TL426

Posted July 30, 2007 - 09:22 AM

can anyone help me? im just looking for some reccomendations..

• ben_suhard

Posted July 30, 2007 - 09:45 AM

x-ring or o-ring chain(I like to use DID chains), Dunlop 756 front and rear tyres. Can't help you with the shock absorbing bars, but you could try some of the Renthal Kevlar grips, I'll be getting them again. Grayracer reckons the MSR fork seals are pretty good(they're available in the TT shop).

• TL426

Posted July 30, 2007 - 11:17 AM

thanks for the ideas man, im gonna get ordering cus my first race is this saturday!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Wiz636

Posted July 30, 2007 - 12:40 PM

Spend the money on a high quality chain like a Regina ORN6. It is far less expensive than buying a cheap chain three or four times. With a good chain plain steel sprockets will last and last. I run the Regina chain with Primary Drive steel sprockets.

The Dunlop 756 is a good soft/int terrain tire but they wear out too fast for my liking. The Dunlop D952 is a very good all around tire that lasts a long time...as a matter of fact you'll probably get about twice the life out of the 952 compared to a 756.

The stock gearing is 14/49 I believe.

Can't help you on the bars, sorry.

• Ga426owner

Posted July 30, 2007 - 12:54 PM

Buy some sprockets that last - Ironman

protaper bars

Michelin MS3 front/rear tires

• dirtrider007

Posted July 31, 2007 - 01:07 PM

dude you better be at that race saturday...

• bigwake

Posted July 31, 2007 - 01:40 PM

go on ebay and buy a combo..they have combos for $120 plus shipping for chain/sprockets..regina chain and 2 renthal sprockets..i believe you can get whatever size you want to..

• TL426

Posted July 31, 2007 - 02:52 PM

well i got primary drive steel sprockets and an RK X ring chain... ive heard good things about it, and its reasonably priced at 57 dollars.. havent got the bars yet, ill worry about that later... and dont you worry justin, ill be there! im riding with heath, im gonna have to scramble to get my bike back together friday night tho. its gonna be fun:ride:

Related Content

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.