11 replies to this topic
  • ray_lebreton

Posted July 06, 2000 - 08:49 PM

has anybody tried these? they're the best i pulled my first one off after one ride and it was covered in crap. i cant imagine all that being on my air filter. they are also relativly cheap under $20 for three that are reusable. you just clean and oil them the same way you do a airfilter. the advertisements say they block 90% of dirt and allow 95% of airflow to still pass through. totaly worth the money!

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted July 06, 2000 - 08:56 PM

I am planning on taking my filter and spare filter to Moab w/ these things installed.

99 WR, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat, jetting by Clark, got forked by Pro Action.

For clarification: WE'LL be having a KICK ASS time in Moab!! Right Mitch?!!

• Dougie

Posted July 07, 2000 - 02:08 AM

I believe Bryan tried these once and I think he hated them.

Dougie, '99 WR400
Mods: YZ timing, Race Tech Suspension, FMF PC IV, FMF Hi FLo Moto, YZ seat, IMS 3.3 tank, One Industries Graphics, Renthal bars, 14/52 gearing.

• Bill

Posted July 07, 2000 - 02:14 AM

Did you have all three on the bike at the same time? Did it seem to affect the horsepower?

86TT225, 98CR80, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted July 07, 2000 - 06:40 AM

Ray, I have used these before on long distance rides where facilities for cleaning filters is non-existant, they do work well for these conditions(its better than nothing at all). I usually get two rides out of my stock filter then I use "Notoil" powder to clean them, I received a bottle Notoil for a gift and was real scepticle, then I tried it Wow it works great!! Good Luck! Dan

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 07, 2000 - 08:41 AM

Ive never even fired my bike up with out one of those babies on there.
I went to the Oklahoma sand dunes last July and I was the only one with filterskins on and I changed it every day. Guess what? Out of the 5 of us that went, 3 guys had to put new top ends in. I didnt.

Darin from Missouri 1999 WR400F

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ray_lebreton

Posted July 07, 2000 - 02:58 PM

i only put one on at a time and i notice no power difference at all. there might be a slight decrease w/out 5% of the airflow but it certainly isn't noticable.

• mcarp

Posted July 09, 2000 - 01:38 PM

I recently tried them as well. I had a B*&^% of a time getting it on the filter and keeping it on. I little discouraged, only tried them once. I wonder if some queen size pantyhose will do the same thing?

Maybe I'll give them another try-my filter gets dirty very quickly!

• Bryan

Posted July 10, 2000 - 04:51 AM

I bought some filter skins and I couldn't get the stupid things on! I got so pissed that I finally gave up.

Am I that big of a moron? Am I doing something wrong?

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 10, 2000 - 08:45 AM

Ive had 2 sets of skins for my bike. The first ones I bought fit fine. You didnt have to stretch them out too much to get them on. After time they wore out and I pitched them. I bought some new ones and I think my dealer sold me the wrong size because I have to stretch the he!! out of these to get them on but they still go. Mabye that is the

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 10, 2000 - 09:13 PM

Where can you buy them? Internet???

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 10, 2000 - 05:00 PM

PC Racing is the company that sells them. Im not sure if they have a website. They also sell the carb vent kits and the new neoprene thingie you use instead of grease to seal the filter to the airbox. Your dealer should be able to get them.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.