WR owner in need of IT help

2 replies to this topic
  • HGaither

Posted July 09, 2000 - 01:57 PM

Help! I need to know the model year of An IT 250 ,frame and engine no starts with 4v5, I think it is 81 or 82 but need to know which as I am restoring it. thanks for any help Harvey

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ScottyR

Posted July 09, 2000 - 05:55 PM

Count 8 digits from the end of the VIN 1980 should be "A" , 81 should be "B". Thats houw it works with cars anyhow.

• imported_Scott_H

Posted July 09, 2000 - 07:04 PM

HGaither,

Just call any Yamaha dealer ask for the parts department, and ask them to look up what model a "4V5" is. (This should be the first 3 digits in your engine number and it also should be embedded in the VIN stamed on the frame steering head tube). They have a book that correlates the prefix to model name and year it was built. Hope this helps.

Scott

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.