Let's see your 400f's

119 replies to this topic
  • C333

Posted July 29, 2007 - 02:52 PM

Maybe it's been done before but I've gotta see 'em. I love this bike:applause: Posted Image

• XriderR00

Posted July 29, 2007 - 03:56 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

converted, but still a 400f!

• PatrickM

Posted July 29, 2007 - 04:09 PM

i have one but i am still waiting for my new graphics!!!

I will have a pic up when they show up!!!!

Patrick M.

BTW..how do you post pics on Thumpertalk????

• crashhard_17

Posted July 29, 2007 - 05:23 PM

heres my '99 YZ 400. I love this bike, its the first one i bought all by myself, but now i wanna sell it and get a newer one.
Posted Image
Posted Image
what do you think?

• C333

Posted July 29, 2007 - 05:28 PM

Nice! But what happened to the front fender???

• tommyj

Posted July 29, 2007 - 05:31 PM

Nice! But what happened to the front fender???

Dude, his name is Crash hard. Take a guess.....:thinking:

• crashhard_17

Posted July 29, 2007 - 05:37 PM

yeah i crashed on it, and stitched it up but i didnt like that look so i just cut the fender to see how it would look. i kinda like it. i have a new fender in my garage i just havent put it on yet.

• tommyj

Posted July 29, 2007 - 05:40 PM

yeah i crashed on it, and stitched it up but i didnt like that look so i just cut the fender to see how it would look. i kinda like it. i have a new fender in my garage i just havent put it on yet.

don't change it!! it looks way cooler like that:thumbsup:

• cowboyona426

Posted July 29, 2007 - 05:53 PM

hey crash, steal your mom's blow dryer and heat up those light colored streaks in the fenders and they'll go away. Just don't get the hair dryer too close or the plastic will start to melt :D

• crashhard_17

Posted July 29, 2007 - 05:54 PM

don't change it!! it looks way cooler like that:thumbsup:

yeah i think it looks awesome like that. my dad says its "Emo" because it is cut.lol. but i think he is just old school.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tommyj

Posted July 29, 2007 - 06:01 PM

yeah i think it looks awesome like that. my dad says its "Emo" because it is cut.lol. but i think he is just old school.

your dad's hilliarious! :smirk:

• crashhard_17

Posted July 29, 2007 - 06:56 PM

yeah i thought that was pretty funny.

• C333

Posted July 29, 2007 - 07:07 PM

Hey crash. I've got an OEM front fender. It's a little banged up, but it's original. Just find out how much shipping would be from 92308 and if it's not to crazy I'll split the cost with you. Your bike deserves it. LMK if you want it.:thumbsup:

• C333

Posted July 29, 2007 - 07:09 PM

hey crash, steal your mom's blow dryer and heat up those light colored streaks in the fenders and they'll go away. Just don't get the hair dryer too close or the plastic will start to melt :D

No shit???? That really works? Thanks! That will cure alot of fenders around here.:applause:

• C333

Posted July 29, 2007 - 07:14 PM

Dude, his name is Crash hard. Take a guess.....:thinking:

Ummmmmm..........he....ummmm......cra.......crashe.......OH!.. I know!!....he sawed it off to help with aerodynamics!!!!:excuseme: :applause: Yaaa!! What did I win???? hehe

• cowboyona426

Posted July 29, 2007 - 07:21 PM

No shit???? That really works? Thanks! That will cure alot of fenders around here.:applause:

I wouldn't shit ya, you're my favorite turd :p

It does work, like I said just be careful not to melt the part or get it too hot. A handheld propane torch works also. It takes a little while, but it will work on all but the worst areas. Just go slow and work the area several times :thumbsup:

• Yz400Flyer

Posted July 29, 2007 - 07:27 PM

Mine, got it about two months ago. The pic is from when I picked it up, it needed some TLC. I have bars coming in, some plastics, and a couple other parts, but mostly washing, cleaning, greasing, and replacing :) Will post when it is "done"

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Justin89

Posted July 29, 2007 - 07:53 PM

Need more pics!

• C333

Posted July 29, 2007 - 08:11 PM

Mine, got it about two months ago. The pic is from when I picked it up, it needed some TLC. I have bars coming in, some plastics, and a couple other parts, but mostly washing, cleaning, greasing, and replacing :) Will post when it is "done"

Posted Image

Posted Image

Damn!!!! Almost all original!!!! Nice bike!!!:thumbsup:
Keep 'em comin!

• tommyj

Posted July 29, 2007 - 08:32 PM

Ummmmmm..........he....ummmm......cra.......crashe.......OH!.. I know!!....he sawed it off to help with aerodynamics!!!!:excuseme: :applause: Yaaa!! What did I win???? hehe

a new FRONT FENDER!!!!!:banana:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.