From CRF250r to WR450

Had a 04 CRF250r rode some motocross but mostly trail riding. Did all required maintenance and still ahd a catastophic engine failure.

Got a 07 WR450 couple weeks back. Anyone who is thinking of getting one will not be dispointed. After free mods, it is a great bike! I was a little nervouse going to a 450 because of my size (5'7", 150 lbs). I have NO regrets. I was amazed how light the bike feels. For my riding style it handles great. The bottom end torque is awesome.

My 250 used to struggle pulling up a hill we ride. The WR lugs up it like there was nothing to it!

Rode my brother early 2000 DRZ400 and it rode more like a heavy street/enduro bike than a dirtbike.

The 450's have come a long way. LONG LIVE THE WR!!:applause:

Congrats on the new WR. I've heard of alot of valve problems on the CRF250. The WR is a great bike. If the height gives you problems you can cut the seat foam. Alot of guys here on TT have done it and they love the results.

Yea.

I too was surprised at how well the bike runs with just the free mods done (gray wire, drilled out black baffle, throttle stop cut). Opening up the airbox, pmb insert, and jetting offer some very decent gains...lets just say I won't be looking for more power anytime soon. It already eats rear tires super quick?

Yea.

I too was surprised at how well the bike runs with just the free mods done (gray wire, drilled out black baffle, throttle stop cut). Opening up the airbox, pmb insert, and jetting offer some very decent gains...lets just say I won't be looking for more power anytime soon. It already eats rear tires super quick?

you will be lucky to get 1000 miles out of a tire! im ready for my 3rd tire :ride:

after a while you will be looking for a pipe...it happens to the best of us!

oh by the way i did the o ring mod (thick one) the tinny bog i did have is gone now! bike rips

you will be lucky to get 1000 miles out of a tire! im ready for my 3rd tire :ride:

I'll be lucky to squeak out 400 miles :bonk: Thats one thing I didn't think about when I decided to pull the trigger on this bike is the tire bill :busted:

after a while you will be looking for a pipe...it happens to the best of us!

The price of an average slip on will pay for 5 or 6 rear tires? You're right' date=' a pipe is something I might look into in the future, but not yet:crazy:

oh by the way i did the o ring mod (thick one) the tinny bog i did have is gone now! bike rips

Yup, IMHO everyone should do the o-ring mod.?

Oh yea!!! No doubt the 07 rocks. I came from an 06 DRZ, and I have my dream bike with the WR. I have 250 miles with about 16 hours in break in still. The rear tire will certainly not make 300. And its cause we have a lot of fun!