Graphics Kits with Clarke 3.3 gal tank

10 replies to this topic
  • LarryCO

Posted February 27, 2002 - 08:52 AM

Both Factory Effex and One Industries make some pretty sweet graphics kits for the WR. But can someone tell me if they'll work with my Clarke 3.3 gal tank/YZ seat combo? Would I look at WR kits...or YZ kits? Would they look OK on the non-standard Clarke tank?

Also, any other good suppliers of graphics kits would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Larry

• Cobra2go

Posted February 27, 2002 - 05:22 PM

I went with the American flag graphics from CEET for a WR on my Clarke tank and it looks ok but not perfect. I called Clarke and they were no help

• MotoGreg

Posted February 28, 2002 - 05:38 AM

IMS makes graphics for the oversize YZF tanks.

• Mr_Toyz

Posted February 28, 2002 - 06:48 AM

Factory Effex work fine.

Mr T

• MOmilkman

Posted February 28, 2002 - 09:35 AM

Larry, I put the One Industries (yellow kit) on my 3.3 Clarke tank.
Here is what the results look like. FYI

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rich_in_Orlando

Posted February 28, 2002 - 10:31 PM

Man, that bike looks sharp! Did you powdercoat/paint your frame black? I've been fantasizing about getting mine done. I'd like to get all black graphics, but if I had a second choice it would be yellow.

• LarryCO

Posted February 28, 2002 - 10:53 PM

MOmilkman,
Looks sharp! That's what I wanted to know...

Thanks!

• kev426

Posted February 28, 2002 - 06:18 PM

what is the white stuff on the grass? never see white stuff on the grass in CA. :)

• MOmilkman

Posted February 28, 2002 - 06:32 PM

Originally posted by Rich in Orlando:
Man, that bike looks sharp! Did you powdercoat/paint your frame black? I've been fantasizing about getting mine done. I'd like to get all black graphics, but if I had a second choice it would be yellow.

Rich,
Yes, I sent it to Andrews Powder Coating in California to have it done. If I remember it was about $200. The reason I sent it off instead of having it done locally was because I wanted someone to do it that had expierence with bike frames.
They taped off everything for me and put bolts in all the the threaded areas so I didnt have to chase out the paint. That was nice!!!
I highly recommend them.>>>> Andrews PowderCoating

[ February 28, 2002: Message edited by: MOmilkman ]

• Cobra2go

Posted March 02, 2002 - 07:30 PM

I wanted to add a picture of my bike to this thread and can't seem to figure it out. Could someone please give me some pointers. Thanks

• MOmilkman

Posted March 02, 2002 - 08:06 PM

Its real easy Cobra.

1st question: Is the picture you want shown in this thread viewable on the web somewhere already? Website, photopoint, or some other picture hosting service.

That is the first thing you have to do.

After it is uploaded somewhere, right click on the picture and select "properties".

The URL address is what you are looking for. Copy that and we will paste it later.

Now go to you bulliten board you want to post it to. (Thumper-Talk :) )

In your message reply, (directly below where you type in your message when you are replying to someone) click on "Image". A box will appear asking you for your URL. Right click in that box and click "Paste"

Now simply, post your message and it should work :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.