dead spot gone!! and new stuff..

No replies to this topic
  • RodH

Posted July 07, 2000 - 09:18 PM

After 2 months of playing with the carby, I have finally got it right.

Some of you might remember the post last week about my problem with a bottom end dead spot, and what I planned to do to fix it.
I am running an E-Series Hawkins with 8 discs, tapered header on a 2000 WR400.

I have a 170 main jet, and was running a 42 pilot, but I changed that to a 45 and 2 turns on the pilot screw (but I will be adjusting that at intervals in the bush, as I find that is the best way to do it)
Now from real low revs im say 2nd and 3rd gear, when you crack on the throttle you need to make sure you are up over the tank and hanging on, as the dead spot is gone and the front wheel is very airborne. I am absolutly wrapped with the way it's running, not a dead spot in site, but I wish that I made the changes before I put the carbon fibre air box in, as I don't know how much of a difference that it's made.

It's the airbox that uses the original rubber boot. The fittment to boot and all mounting points is great, and the quality is ok. One bonus is how much easier it is to get the air filter in and out, but now I will be cleaning it more :)

I fitted a works connection clutch perch with the quick adjuster and de-comp lever. The fitting was easy and everything they supplied was very good quality. So far without going for a full day's ride I would say the biggest advantage is the looks, this thing really looks smart, though I quite like the de-comp lever where it is now, and not sticking up in the air where it was before.

I will have a better idea how it's all going after the next ride, but at the moment I would sat the next ride will be my best one.

------------------
RodH Canberra, Australia<A HREF="http://www.400thumpers.oz-au.com" TARGET=_blank>
400 Thumpers Australia</A>
2000 WR400F See Photo's and Modifications

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.