How much power gain with full exhaust for 01 yz426.

3 replies to this topic
  • LPT1485

Posted July 29, 2007 - 09:03 AM

Ive heard that the stock systems for these bikes are pretty good. As for power gains with after market exhaust. Do they just move the power curve around or do they add significant grunt?

Also, what is the stock power output of an 01' yz426. With 03' cam?

-Anyone have a thunder alley exhaust on their 426, brand new for a whole system they are only $350. Are they good?

Thanks for the help.

• crazyal426

Posted July 29, 2007 - 10:42 AM

The stock exhaust is pretty good. I only noticed a little gain through the mid-top when I put an FMF muffler on. I now have a full Jardine rt-4 and it is a better system in terms of quality over FMF. Depending on your style of riding might not be the most beneficial use of money. Looking back when I first got my bike I should have dumped the first 300 bones into rad guards, bark busters, or some other cool upgrade that could really help. Unless you can get the exhaust for cheap, that looks cool too. Sorry for the speech. Good luck. Check my 2000 in my garage. I have spent a bit getting it how I want.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cowboyona426

Posted July 29, 2007 - 12:52 PM

LPT- for the 01 just get the TA slip-on, the header won't do much more than just the slip on for you. I had one on my old 00 and it ripped, very good pipe especially for the $. Probably should have put one on my 06 also, but I went with a Dr. D instead.

• LPT1485

Posted July 29, 2007 - 05:19 PM

Thanks, i think im def. gonna buy a TA pretty soon.

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.