water crossings

1 reply to this topic
  • jballog

Posted July 07, 2000 - 09:41 PM

we ride in NM, even though it's a desert we run across some area's that have water crossings. one canyon has 62 from top to bottom -- my question is my 99 wr400f blubers after crossing water several times. it has a hesitation but clears out on top -- has anyone encountred this and how did you correct it? -- Jim

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted July 07, 2000 - 11:15 AM

My initial guess is that you are sucking water through the carb vents. You may have to re-route them high. Check out the entry: 07-03-2000 / 1254 - Rerouting carb vents

------------------
99 WR, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat, jetting by Clark, got forked by Pro Action.
AMA, NETRA

For clarification: WE'LL be having a KICK ASS time in Moab!! Right Mitch?!!

[This message has been edited by Kevin in New Hampshire (edited 07-07-2000).]

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.