Cleaning and oiling oil filters / filterskins?

2 replies to this topic
  • ray_lebreton

Posted July 06, 2000 - 08:43 PM

what do i use to clean filterskins and air filters i heard i can use gas but i want to make sure i don't ruin the filter? what type of oil do i use to oil the filter/filterskins? is it the same

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted July 06, 2000 - 08:57 PM

I use diesel fuel to clean my air filters. I would assume (there is that word, AGAIN!!) it should work on filter skins. I would use air filter oil on them too.

• Dougie

Posted July 07, 2000 - 02:11 AM

I use the PJ1 filter oil and filter cleaner. Good stuff. The cleaner is easy to use and it really cleans out the filter well. Spray it on, let it sit for 10 mins and hose it out. The oil is really tacky and doesn't take much to cover the filter. Really attracts and stops the dirt.

Dougie, '99 WR400
Mods: YZ timing, Race Tech Suspension, FMF PC IV, FMF Hi FLo Moto, YZ seat, IMS 3.3 tank, One Industries Graphics, Renthal bars, 14/52 gearing.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.