Learning to ride

8 replies to this topic
  • Elian

Posted July 05, 2000 - 08:01 PM

I´am learning to ride (enduro & cross). If you have any trick to ride faster a will be grateful. :-)
Thank you.

• Mitch_from_Oz

Posted July 05, 2000 - 08:57 PM

Hey there,

Goto "Search" in the Discossuion section. Enter words such as "corner", "rutted", "steering", "jumping", "turning", "berms", etc.... and you will see postings that cover these areas.

If this does not help, let us know.

Mitch

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted July 05, 2000 - 08:59 PM

Elian,
The best thing I can recommend for riding is to check out some Riding Videos like Gary Bailey's videos, Gary Semics, etc. I have 2 Bailey videos and the amount of information on them is almost overwhelming.

Skip the Crusty Demons of Dirt Videos. Other than fancy jumping, it would be useless.

Kevin

------------------
99 WR, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat, jetting by Clark, got forked by Pro Action.
AMA, NETRA

For clarification: WE'LL be having a KICK ASS time in Moab!! Right Mitch?!!

• Mitch_from_Oz

Posted July 05, 2000 - 09:17 PM

Thats right Kev

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 05, 2000 - 09:48 PM

The most important thing is to ride, ride, ride, ride, and ride some more...Don't spend a dime on any 'go fast' parts or new pants every month...Practice every chance you can... Make yourself a practice track close to your house if you can...It helps if you have a quiet bike...Then you can practice a lot without bothering people...Keep going around your practice track as fast as you can...Think about ways you can change your riding to go faster without falling down too much...Then try to find other people to ride with...If you follow them you will learn new ways to go faster...Ride in mud, ride in hot weather, ride fast areas, ride slow tough trails, practice the tough stuff over and over till its not so hard anymore... Watching videos and talking to people is a poor substitute for practicing.....One other thing...Getting your body into better shape will always make you faster on the track...I'm talking about moderate weight lifting for strength..and aerobic exercises like bicycle riding and rollerblading.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 06, 2000 - 10:08 AM

*** Skip the Crusty Demons Videos ??? ****

Is that not our ultimate goal ??

(It is nice to dream...) :)

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 06, 2000 - 03:46 PM

Only if you are a squid who thinks that showing off is more important than learning real riding skills that will make you a better, faster rider....That's just my 2 cents.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 07, 2000 - 09:57 PM

I said...

Is that not our ultimate goal ??

(Not beginning goal)

The assumption at this point would be that you now know how to ride...

I also disagree with your 'showing off' comment - it is the ultimate experience getting extreme air - for oneself, not onlookers - if it IS done to 'show off' then the rider is missing out...

I repeat...

(It is nice to dream...)

My .02

• Elian

Posted July 07, 2000 - 04:47 PM

Thank you...I´ll try this trick.(When I can, I´ll get some videos).

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.