Steering Geometry .... Has anyone tried this one yet!

45 replies to this topic
  • MotoGreg

Posted June 29, 2000 - 07:14 PM

greg don't worry that you don't understand me-no one else does either!!!

Ok good, I thought it was just me. Are you a politician by chance?

Scott F, good job, I'll await your reply.

------------------
'99 WR400
'92 GSXR 7/11
Visit my photo album AT YOUR OWN RISK!! My photo album
Anyone here a sportbike fan also? Then visit us here at www.insanespeed.com

• Taffy

Posted June 29, 2000 - 09:56 PM

it was a self-effacing reply old boy! we brits are like that old chap! but seriously, i Read Ken's info last night. i didn't see the bit where it contradicts, could you tell me where?

the proof of the pudding is in the eating motogreg & a-h-e-m three guys!!!ask clark for his honest view.

i hope that my above posts are of help, if they are confusing i'll gladly put them right if you mail me direct. i didn't go into detail at the beginning but i obviously got at it! great fun!

i'm sure someone, somewhere soon will say they tried the previously mentioned combo & we'll all be the wiser.

[This message has been edited by Taffy (edited 06-30-2000).]

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 29, 2000 - 11:42 PM

mannn! u2 sound like a girls!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR400_Jay

Posted June 30, 2000 - 04:03 PM

Taffy I moved my bar saddles back because I didn't have the 10mm spacers made in time for this weekends ride, but that allowed me to move the fork tubes up to about 16mm. I hope this isn't too much. I rode it around the yard and it turned pretty quickly. I'll see if it gets out of shape :) tomorrow out at Wayne National Forest. There are alot of tight sections to test it on in the woods. If that test is successful then I'll leave it alone if not custom clamps will be made very soon. I'll reply tomorrow night. Thanks for your time Taffy and all the good questions MotoGreg has asked. :D

------------------
00'WR400 75'Yamaha 250 enduro
White e-Series S-bend 12 discs, Yz timed, rejetted to Clark specs, throttle stop cut, lid removed, Topar Racing top clamp, Tag Metals T2 bars, Scotts damper, Devol disc guard and frame guards, lights removed, Cr routed Fastline brakeline, Acerbis Rally pro hand guards fastened to the top clamp, Gel grips Live in Southwest Ohio

• Ken

Posted July 06, 2000 - 02:55 PM

Scott F,

Hear anything from Scott's Performance yet?

Ken

[This message has been edited by Ken (edited 07-06-2000).]

• MotoGreg

Posted July 06, 2000 - 06:11 PM

The new issue of MXA has a test on some KTM clamps with 2mm less offset that they say makes it steer quicker.

------------------
'99 WR400
'92 GSXR 7/11
Visit my photo album AT YOUR OWN RISK!! My photo album
Anyone here a sportbike fan also? Then visit us here at www.insanespeed.com

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.