What to do?

3 replies to this topic
  • jasonmcc

Posted July 05, 2000 - 03:42 AM

Hi

I have 99' wr400 and what to make it feel like a lighter and smaller bike. I would like to know what I should do to it. I want to get a yz tank and seat. does the yz seat have a lower seat height. Would else can I do/buy to make it easier to move around.

JAson

• Dougie

Posted July 05, 2000 - 10:49 AM

I put on the IMS YZ tank and the YZ seat and it actually raised the seat level by about an inch.

------------------
Dougie, '99 WR400
Mods: YZ timing, Race Tech Suspension, FMF PC IV, FMF Hi FLo Moto, YZ seat, IMS 3.3 tank, One Industries Graphics, Renthal bars, 14/52 gearing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Scott

Posted July 05, 2000 - 11:57 AM

I recently put on a YZ OEM tank and seat on my 99WR. WOW!! What a difference! It feels and looks MUCH slimmer and lighter. I also took off the kickstand in an effort to shave extra weight. Don't know that I'm any faster by removing the kickstand, but I'm sure it shed at least a pound or two.

------------------
99WR,WR timing,throttle stop removed,Twin Air filter,E-Series,carbon air box,Pro Tapers,front and rear lights removed,YZ tank and seat,13 tooth sprocket, Still doesn't make me a very good rider.

• Bill

Posted July 05, 2000 - 12:14 PM

It is odd that some find the IMS/YZ seat to be taller. When I mounted my IMS seat and stock YZ tank onto my 99 WR. It feels like I can touch the ground better. It may be that the seat is slimmer and allows my feet to take a more direct approach to the ground.

If you want to move around don't get the "gripper" type seat cover. I hear they shred riding pants also.

I have also added the Jimmy Button high bars. I've only ridden once with them and they provide a lot more room in the riders area and allow me to move up onto the tank easier. I bought these bars because I don't like the way bar risers look and my stock cheapo bars bent.

Bill

------------------
86TT225, 98CR80, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.