First Ride On My 03 Yz450f!!!

3 replies to this topic
  • bigwake

Posted July 28, 2007 - 01:57 PM

HOLY CRAPP!! THIS THING IS AMAZINGG!! i thought i had ridden a bike before when i was on 125's and 250 2's..man was i wrong!! this was hands down the most fun i've ever had on any bike!! period!! i could pull wheelies in 2nd 3rd and even 4th!! it has sooo muchh poweerrrrrr!! o mannnn!!!..one question though..when i was riding in hard packed sand/dirt..the bike felt like i was on ice!..very squirrelly..scarey..and when i was on hard gravel road..it wasn't so bad..and tracked nicely..does anyone know why this happened?? i thought maybe tire pressure or because of the loose steering that this bike is known for?? any help? thanx-josh

• Polar_Bus

Posted July 28, 2007 - 03:02 PM

HOLY CRAPP!! THIS THING IS AMAZINGG!! i thought i had ridden a bike before when i was on 125's and 250 2's..man was i wrong!! this was hands down the most fun i've ever had on any bike!! period!! i could pull wheelies in 2nd 3rd and even 4th!! it has sooo muchh poweerrrrrr!! o mannnn!!!..one question though..when i was riding in hard packed sand/dirt..the bike felt like i was on ice!..very squirrelly..scarey..and when i was on hard gravel road..it wasn't so bad..and tracked nicely..does anyone know why this happened?? i thought maybe tire pressure or because of the loose steering that this bike is known for?? any help? thanx-josh

I spent a little saddle time on an '03, and that had to be the pinnacle of Yamaha's power 450 engine. That engine was explosive as far as power!! My buddy after a frustrating season on his '03 ended up adding a flywheel weight, and he was SOOOOO HAPPY !!! The flywheel weight made his YZ450 a "fun" and a managable bike to ride again....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jayh300

Posted July 28, 2007 - 03:19 PM

told you dude.... wheelies, any gear, any speed.
pretty fun huh ????? you get used to the power, but it takes awhile.
like they tell me about riding a 500 2 stroke, you get used to it.

• bigwake

Posted July 28, 2007 - 03:26 PM

ya i totally can't wait to get to really use the power..i have to harnes it first! haha thnx-josh

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.