08 650l

46 replies to this topic
  • Huffa 2

Posted July 29, 2007 - 05:53 PM

Dirt! :thumbsup:

:lol: :lol: Good one! :thumbsup:

• jeanluconze

Posted July 29, 2007 - 06:08 PM

It could use some spinners, a PS2 hookup, and flip down LCD screen to match that cap. Fo real.

Seriously, though, they really need to go digital on the display like all other dual sports out there. I hate the noise the speedo cable makes and you can't recalibrate for taller/shorter tires.

• AtomicGeo

Posted July 29, 2007 - 06:36 PM

Power like the old 83-87 twin carb XL 600, new color, downsized taillight assembly, a bit lower, for sure a larger tank, wider SS pegs, some decent bars and higher too, slightly shorter front fender with a new shape, SS header pipe and slimer muffler, updated speedo with gps, fuel guage, better tires, a bit brighter headlight, fuel injection, aluminum frame, gold wheels, optional slightly wider seat for long distance travel and optional rear rack.

:busted: Is that asking too much ?

I think now you priced yourself into KTM realm:lol:

• wheelnut46

Posted July 29, 2007 - 06:41 PM

Power like the old 83-87 twin carb XL 600, new color, downsized taillight assembly, a bit lower, for sure a larger tank, wider SS pegs, some decent bars and higher too, slightly shorter front fender with a new shape, SS header pipe and slimer muffler, updated speedo with gps, fuel guage, better tires, a bit brighter headlight, fuel injection, aluminum frame, gold wheels, optional slightly wider seat for long distance travel and optional rear rack.

:busted: Is that asking too much ?

You left out 6 speeds

• Huffa 2

Posted July 29, 2007 - 06:41 PM

It could use some spinners, a PS2 hookup, and flip down LCD screen to match that cap. Fo real.

Seriously, though, they really need to go digital on the display like all other dual sports out there. I hate the noise the speedo cable makes and you can't recalibrate for taller/shorter tires.

:excuseme: Noise? I don't hear a thing from mine, maybe your cable needs lubing or a new one OR my helmet is padded/insulated better? :busted:

OH yea, for sure 6 speeds and Yes, I am in KTM price range now for sure :lol:

OK, I'll settle for a 6 speed with a total color change and larger tank.

• Murman NT

Posted July 29, 2007 - 10:03 PM

I don't mind the new graphics, since they won't appear on the new Acerbis 5.1 gal. The one in my pic is on the East Coast, my 08 will be out west.

• martinfan30

Posted July 30, 2007 - 09:58 AM

still lighter than a klr! just read in motorcyclist the 08 klr is 424 lbs.!!:eek:

• hondacrf150f1

Posted July 30, 2007 - 04:12 PM

still lighter than a klr! just read in motorcyclist the 08 klr is 424 lbs.!!:eek:

The L is still one of the lightest most flickable duelsport 650's. But for me (having 2 XR650R duelsports) I gota say the 650R is amazing compared to all other 650's! Uncorked itll own all other 650 Jap bikes the KLR, DR, DRZ, and XRL.

• martinfan30

Posted July 31, 2007 - 10:24 AM

The L is still one of the lightest most flickable duelsport 650's. But for me (having 2 XR650R duelsports) I gota say the 650R is amazing compared to all other 650's! Uncorked itll own all other 650 Jap bikes the KLR, DR, DRZ, and XRL.

when it comes to offroad. i doubt the R is as good on road as ANY of the others. not trying to start a war here, just my opinion. and you know what they say about opinions!!!LOL!!!:applause:

• Motosprtman

Posted July 31, 2007 - 10:57 AM

why change something that sells like aspirin at income tax time. No one comes close to producing a bike like it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Huffa 2

Posted July 31, 2007 - 01:26 PM

why change something that sells like aspirin at income tax time. No one comes close to producing a bike like it.

Come on, at least a new color and better graphics, it's time man, it's time!

You can see they are running out of things to do as far as color combo with the red and white.

They only did a 3 year red run on the 83-85 XL 600, then went to red white and blue for 2 years, looked nice except for the red engine I thought.

The 650 L is 7 years now with red.

• AtomicGeo

Posted July 31, 2007 - 03:37 PM

Agreed!

• AtomicGeo

Posted July 31, 2007 - 03:40 PM

Oops! I meant agreed with martinfan30 last comment...the R is not that road worthy!

• Huffa 2

Posted August 01, 2007 - 11:54 AM

I think this color combo would sell well. :busted:

Posted Image

I don't feel so good after looking at that, think I'm going to puke :lol:

• martinfan30

Posted August 01, 2007 - 12:27 PM

sweet ! i will take 2!!

• Old Dog

Posted August 03, 2007 - 07:25 PM

Personally, I think it's high time the L went Liquid Cooled. Take the R engine, modify the mounts and drop it in the L frame. Throw on a couple of rads (the L already has the shrouds) and call it a day. :thumbsup: :ride:

• ModularMike

Posted August 03, 2007 - 09:47 PM

Gary that new 08 is sexy :-P .

It's the dude you bought the YTM225 off of in Pittsburgh from 3ww :)

• Huffa 2

Posted August 04, 2007 - 02:43 AM

Get out!! :applause:

I sort of thought you were pissed at me or something for not replying to me about all the CR info I gave you?

Nice talkin to ya man, so your on the Honda 2 stoke forums mostly here?

Cool site, ya know!

• wheelnut46

Posted August 04, 2007 - 03:56 AM

Personally, I think it's high time the L went Liquid Cooled. Take the R engine, modify the mounts and drop it in the L frame. Throw on a couple of rads (the L already has the shrouds) and call it a day. :thumbsup: :ride:

No thanks.
I like my AIR COOLED XRL. No radiators or water pumps for me.

• Huffa 2

Posted August 04, 2007 - 04:09 AM

No thanks.
I like my AIR COOLED XRL. No radiators or water pumps for me.

Air/water whatever, if Honda changed the L drastic and it got rave reviews, I'd be in line for sure as long as it was not red again :lol:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.