08 650l

46 replies to this topic
  • Huffa 2

Posted July 28, 2007 - 01:33 PM

I'd have to say that's the ugliest one yet.

I saw one at a shop today too, they come with a fancy smancy chrome gas cap now.

So the "major" changes :busted: are ; BNG, chrome gas cap, white headlight plastic.

Anyone actually like the white headlight plastic. Looks terrible man :thumbsdn:

They should have just went back to all white again instead of butchering it up like that.

The graphics suck too :thumbsdn:

Posted Image

• wheelnut46

Posted July 28, 2007 - 07:55 PM

Nah, I like it. It looks just like mine, Except for the chrome gas cap, white headlight plastic and BNG. Yup, almost just like mine.
That's why I like it.

• desert4seat

Posted July 28, 2007 - 10:01 PM

love the white headlight plastic! :thumbsup:

• rkwfxd1

Posted July 28, 2007 - 10:06 PM

Ug lee

• Krannie McKranface

Posted July 28, 2007 - 10:33 PM

It's basically a 1991 XR600 that still sells. Why change it ?

• CTXr650L

Posted July 29, 2007 - 03:36 AM

i kinda like it... dont think i'd like to see a chrome gas cap but that would go away as soon as the aftermarket tank goes on anyway.

• wheelnut46

Posted July 29, 2007 - 04:31 AM

Imagine being the poor bastard at Honda who's charged with changing the XRL every year without changing it. Talk about pressure! A chrome gas cap here, BNG there. Done. But what about next year? Can't really change it after all.
Maybe in 2013 they'll do a 20th anniversary edition and go back to original colors.

• motomonte

Posted July 29, 2007 - 05:23 AM

They could paint it all black and have a completely new bike without changing a single bolt.

• Huffa 2

Posted July 29, 2007 - 07:51 AM

It's basically a 1991 XR600 that still sells. Why change it ?

I'm not talking they change the mechanical parts but for crying out loud, all of us can do a better job then that as far as styling goes.

NOT one member ever mentioned about putting white plastic on a red one like that, so from that point of view it's not too well liked and someone would have done it over the last 7 years or so.

Even the Honda salesmen/owners just gave me a :rolleyes: :excuseme: sort of look when I mentioned what they did.

• Huffa 2

Posted July 29, 2007 - 07:56 AM

They could paint it all black and have a completely new bike without changing a single bolt.

EXACTLY :thumbsup: and it's due time.

They could of even made a special addition like Yamaha does with their 450.

A black one with gold wheels would look sharp but the possibilities are endless.

The tank graphics used to be waaaaaay more detailed then that.

The older ones, including mine just about cover the whole tank.

The chrome gas cap doesn't look bad though, really.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • platterdr

Posted July 29, 2007 - 07:59 AM

What the hell does it matter as soon as you buy one you have to take the factory tank and shrouds off to install a big tank. Then you take the huge stop light off the back and put on something slimmer then I have always hated the huge headlight so that comes off and is replaced by some Acerbis product. There now you have a nice looking 08 XRL:applause:

• Huffa 2

Posted July 29, 2007 - 08:00 AM

What the hell does it matter as soon as you buy one you have to take the factory tank and shrouds off to install a big tank. Then you take the huge stop light off the back and put on something slimmer then I have always hated the huge headlight so that comes off and is replaced by some Acerbis product. There now you have a nice looking 08 XRL:applause:

You might have to but there are 1000's that don't. More that don't (including me) then do I'll bet, a lot more.

They could of easily made the tank graphics flow intoi the side panels instead of the seat and that would of changed the look quite a bit and most likely give it a slimmer look.

The shrouds are just begging to have something on them also, I'm even thinking of some design for mine right now.

• squatpuke

Posted July 29, 2007 - 08:26 AM

I saw one at the dealer the other day also...

I don't like it...glad I got the '07

• drtlvr

Posted July 29, 2007 - 09:13 AM

very close to my color but it needs more white

Attached Thumbnails

• #2pics 07 105.JPG
  • 2 002.jpg
  • 2 003.jpg
  • 2 006.jpg

• drtlvr

Posted July 29, 2007 - 09:14 AM

my eyes are all messed up in that photo,must be from dodging trees all day

• AtomicGeo

Posted July 29, 2007 - 09:30 AM

I wonder how ling will Honda continue to roll out the same bike?...what changes would you out like to see?

Me: A bigger tank, no snorkel, no smog controls, opened up exhaust. :prof:

• Huffa 2

Posted July 29, 2007 - 09:33 AM

my eyes are all messed up in that photo,must be from dodging trees all day

I know, I saw that pic before and seriously thought you were cross eyed :busted:

Yep, yours looks better then the 08 for sure.

Honda could of used the old fire engine red that they used on the 77-80 or so elsinores, that would of looked cool I think.

It was a orange/red, actually close to the color on mine but a bit deeper of a orange hue I think.

:excuseme: Two white fenders on it would of made a HUGE difference, just don't understand what they are thinking at all.

• wheelnut46

Posted July 29, 2007 - 11:16 AM

Two white fenders on it would of made a HUGE difference, just don't understand what they are thinking at all.

You just described the '09 XR650L. :thumbsup:
Keep those ideas coming.

I'm just glad they keep making them. I hope they never stop.
:ride: :applause:

• Phuzzy McPhuzzface

Posted July 29, 2007 - 05:30 PM

The shrouds are just begging to have something on them also

Dirt! :thumbsup:

• Huffa 2

Posted July 29, 2007 - 05:50 PM

I wonder how ling will Honda continue to roll out the same bike?...what changes would you out like to see?

Me: A bigger tank, no snorkel, no smog controls, opened up exhaust. :prof:

Power like the old 83-87 twin carb XL 600, new color, downsized taillight assembly, a bit lower, for sure a larger tank, wider SS pegs, some decent bars and higher too, slightly shorter front fender with a new shape, SS header pipe and slimer muffler, updated speedo with gps, fuel guage, better tires, a bit brighter headlight, fuel injection, aluminum frame, gold wheels, optional slightly wider seat for long distance travel and optional rear rack.

:busted: Is that asking too much ?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.