Exhaust tests on WR's??

1 reply to this topic
  • Vincent

Posted July 04, 2000 - 09:27 PM

As I stated before, Ive been out of the country for quite some time and havent been able to keep up on my magazines. Has there been any comparison tests on exhaust sytems for WR's? I have seen them on YZ's but never for WR's. What is the weight of the stock WR system? Is it a lot more than the YZ? Everything I have read on YZ systems doesnt look like much gain to be had in power or weight savings, at least on YZ's. In fact, I notice on lots of YZ tests, the aftermarket systems actualy weigh more than stock. How does this compare with our WR systems?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • James_Dean

Posted July 04, 2000 - 11:09 AM

The WR400 muffler without the baffle weighed 8lb 3oz on my scale while the YZ400 muffler weighed 5lb 2oz. The head pipes are the same. The only exhaust system tests I've seen have been on YZ's.
James Dean

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.