upgraded stator on 99WR400

2 replies to this topic
  • tntmo

Posted July 28, 2007 - 07:36 AM

I would like to get some more electrical power on my WR400 for night rides. From what I understand, in 2000 the WR400 and the following WR426 models had a 130 watt stator. My 99 WR400 is rated at 75W. Does anyone know if I can just replace the stator, or do I need to replace the rotor also?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fershy

Posted July 28, 2007 - 10:29 AM

I would like to get some more electrical power on my WR400 for night rides. From what I understand, in 2000 the WR400 and the following WR426 models had a 130 watt stator. My 99 WR400 is rated at 75W. Does anyone know if I can just replace the stator, or do I need to replace the rotor also?

The rotor is fine and does not need to be replaced. Buy the stator and consider upgrading to the 2000 regulator to handle the higher 130 W capacity.
fershy

• tntmo

Posted July 29, 2007 - 05:01 PM

The rotor is fine and does not need to be replaced. Buy the stator and consider upgrading to the 2000 regulator to handle the higher 130 W capacity.
fershy

Thanks a bunch. I went on a night ride last night and the current setup is barely useable. I'm lucky that I had a helmet light to help or it would have been even uglier.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.