the "REV BOX"

10 replies to this topic
  • ZEHR

Posted July 28, 2007 - 06:20 AM

Hi i was just wondering if anyone has heard of the "rev box" i saw it on ebay for about $100.00 and sounds like it does the same thing as a vortex, just not ajustable? also it says it's for yz models for 03-06 would it work on a 04 wr? thanks.

• Mutu

Posted July 28, 2007 - 08:49 AM

I would be wary of outlaying cash on something unknown like that.
I know it is an ignition, but what brand? There is heaps out there.
I believe the one you are talking about would work on your bike.

A good plug and play ignition for '03 - '06 WR's is the OEM '03 YZ450F ignition. It is nice and aggressive and you should be able to find one pretty cheap.

I have a vortex ignition on my bike, they do make a noticable difference.

• ZEHR

Posted July 28, 2007 - 01:19 PM

thanks, so if i buy the 03 yzf box will it up hp, even if i already cut the grey wire? ps i will be putting in the ex cam from a 04 yz

• Mutu

Posted July 29, 2007 - 05:50 AM

The benefit of YZ ignitions is that the curve is more aggressive and has a higher rpm limit. The '03 in particular was the most aggressive. There is a performance gain, but not that much in terms of hp. Not even with the vortex ignition which is like 1-2hp.

A '03 YZ ignition is just an idea, as they should be quite cheap to pick up from the wreckers or off ebay. :ride:

• ZEHR

Posted July 29, 2007 - 06:53 AM

ok thanks alot for the info, i think i'am going to try that then!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ZEHR

Posted July 29, 2007 - 12:16 PM

I've done a bit of reading and i was wondering if i would have to change my flywheel or will any of the yz 03-06 cdi's work? just plug and play or is there more to it? thanks

• Mutu

Posted July 29, 2007 - 12:49 PM

plug and play!

• Thermos O flask

Posted July 30, 2007 - 02:20 AM

Hi,Do you know if that applies to the '00YZ also? As i wouldn't mind a few more herbs outta the '00WR.I suppose the flywheel would still tame it down a bit but every bit helps and the vortex is still mega bucks.

• ZEHR

Posted July 30, 2007 - 12:49 PM

i took i real quick look on ebay and didn't see any. sorry

• Mutu

Posted July 30, 2007 - 10:35 PM

Hi,Do you know if that applies to the '00YZ also? As i wouldn't mind a few more herbs outta the '00WR.I suppose the flywheel would still tame it down a bit but every bit helps and the vortex is still mega bucks.

Not sure, but should still apply.
Ask a wrecker if you could see if it fits and test ride it. Might not be any difference with the older bikes. :excuseme:

• Thermos O flask

Posted July 31, 2007 - 03:15 AM

yeah,I might just look into that idea.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.