Installing Rekluse!

44 replies to this topic
  • 642MX

Posted August 20, 2007 - 06:26 PM

Will it hurt anything if I go ride it for a day like it is? It won't bend a shifting fork or anything with it creeping. It is a little hard to shift but I think some of that is me trying to get use to backing off the gas between shifts. Been so hot here lately I haven't felt much like riding.

No, it won't hurt a thing. Go ride it. I bet the problem solves itself after your first ride.

• mrmoto

Posted August 22, 2007 - 12:45 PM

wooster rooster -- yes, that's the 2" wave spring. Worked wonders for my Rekluse. Seems everybody's got their own riding style and expectations. This worked well for me.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 12yamaha

Posted August 23, 2007 - 01:29 AM

Did the different wave spring give you a higher or lower stall.

• mrmoto

Posted August 23, 2007 - 02:18 PM

Changing the wave spring = no stall at all. What it did do is increase the RPM necessary to release the clutch & engage the engine. Not by much, maybe 500 rpm?? But, seemed to be just enough to keep it from stalling, sputtering, and choking. The other added benefit was that the engine gets into the power faster since I increased the idle speed slightly also.

• 12yamaha

Posted September 04, 2007 - 01:31 AM

Having a few stalling problems now! Don't think it is rekluse related after reading other post. I have no stall what so ever, the bike actually surges just a little when put into gear. Might buy a Boyesen Quickshot and see what that does.

Related Content

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  106 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.