Over flow tube leaking.

3 replies to this topic

Posted July 28, 2007 - 03:51 AM

I just bought an 01 YZ426 and after ridding it last night I noticed the radiator coolant leaking on the ground so I discovered it was coming from the overflow tube. Is this as simple as just actually being to full or is the radiator cap weak or do I have another problem I need to look at?

• 642MX

Posted July 28, 2007 - 03:59 AM

The radiator was probably over-filled causing it to blow some out. Also, YZF's need a lot of air going thru the radiators to cool efficiently. Riding at low speeds for extended periods of time will cause them to blow coolant too.

I just make 'checking my radiator fluid' a normal part of my maintenance routine.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted July 28, 2007 - 04:01 AM

Opps, I forgot to add that the coolant level should be just over the radiator core and just below the filler neck of the radiator.

Posted July 28, 2007 - 04:04 AM

The radiator was probably over-filled causing it to blow some out. Also, YZF's need a lot of air going thru the radiators to cool efficiently. Riding at low speeds for extended periods of time will cause them to blow coolant too.

I just make 'checking my radiator fluid' a normal part of my maintenance routine.

That's what I was expecting.

Thanks!

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.