What's the Deal Chris in Mojave

6 replies to this topic
  • Pyroted

Posted June 29, 2000 - 07:44 PM

Well whats up? You asked for our opinon now you're not telling what you did. Did you sell the jump'n out of airplane stuff and buy a bitch'n new bike or are you still try'n to kill yourself. Are you ride'n a 2smoker. Is that why you won't respond. Don't tell me !!!! I Can't handle the Suspense. Post Up Man. Update us so we can all BASH on your decision.

• Chris_in_the_Mojave

Posted July 01, 2000 - 08:40 PM

JEEEZ, I take a couple of days of the net and I come back to find people calling me out :)

The answer to all your questions is "YES".
I sold the gear.
I bought TWO bikes.
I bought a 2000 CR250 and put a deposit down on a 2001 YZ426 ( which may become a WR426).
As it's gets a little closer to the ship date for the 426 the 400 will go up for sale.

My wife walked in while I was writing this and said " Hi I'm Chris and I'm a Bikeaholic"

She's right! :D

Bash away! :D

Chris in the Mojave
'98 YZ400F
'00 CR250
'95 KDX200
'98 HD Sportster (my other thumper!)
'00 TTR90

[This message has been edited by Chris in the Mojave (edited 07-01-2000).]

• Pyroted

Posted July 02, 2000 - 04:52 AM

Sounds like your headed in the right direction :) Sure can't wait till cools back down :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted July 02, 2000 - 06:01 AM

Chris,
How is it to ride that beautiful Honda CR250 of yours?
I would dearly like to ride a new one to compare it to my old 91 CR250.

------------------
99 WR, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and seat, jetting by Clark, got forked by Pro Action.
AMA, NETRA

For clarification: WE'LL be having a KICK ASS time in Moab!! Right Mitch?!!

• Chris_in_the_Mojave

Posted July 02, 2000 - 11:31 AM

Took the CR out on a ride last night, it's a very different beast than the YZ400. On the Plus side it LIGHT, VERY VERY LIGHT, it handles well, and is very "quick". Only down sides are it's not very happy at part throttle, it wants to go like crasy or stop like crasy. It's a motocross bike! The YZ400 will pull the double duty as a trail bike better than the 250, but you feel the weight in the tight stuff, the CR is very nimble. I missed the engine breaking of the 400, had to "relearn" to use the rear break! :)

I think I'll have the best of both worlds with both bikes in the garage :D

------------------
Chris in the Mojave
'98 YZ400F

• Airastro

Posted July 02, 2000 - 10:55 PM

Chris -

The all important question. Is the Cr better than the Yz 400/426 at MX. Im starting to have a little two stroke envy ( please no one throw anything at me). I love my 426 but I am having the old second guessing going on in my head. Which bike do you think you would be quicker on riding mx?

Did you ride the Olympics last week?

• Chris_in_the_Mojave

Posted July 03, 2000 - 01:40 PM

I'll have a better feel after a race or two but I will say that 30 lbs lighter with the same HP feels pretty good. The CR handles better in tight turns and feels like you can "manhandle" it if you get out of shape

The two biggest differences are the power is "on" or "off" on the 2 stroke where you can play anywhere in the powerband with the 4 stroke. Second, engine braking, there is none with the 2 stroke, you have to use the brakes!

I think I like my Thumper better for desert and trail riding, for MX, well you see where I put my money :)

I guess we'll see how I do in Oct!

------------------
Chris in the Mojave
'98 YZ400F

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.