Dual Ignition

6 replies to this topic
  • Malcolm

Posted June 21, 2000 - 02:20 AM

I have been considering purchasing the Vortex dual ignition system for my 98 WR but not shore if it really works. Does anyone have one on their bike & if so is it effective on those really snotty hill climbs were you flick the switch to change the curve.They tell me that it was invented here in the land down under but perfected in the states. Cheers Mal - Aussie.

• Clark_Mason

Posted June 23, 2000 - 03:30 PM

It works great on my YZ cam timed WR 400. I often switch to the torque setting on nasty trail sections and ride a better torque curve then switch back to performance when things open up and its "hit" and go time. All of the timing development was done here in Southern California however VORTEX is a Ausi company.

Clark

• WR400_Jay

Posted June 23, 2000 - 06:02 PM

Clark...Who sells the Vortex ignition?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Clark_Mason

Posted June 24, 2000 - 05:42 AM

Mike at MT Racing is the individual who has done the R&D and developed the ignition curves for VORTEX. Mike has done all makes not just YAM. He can give you information to any level of detail your heart desires.

MT Racing
7505 Jurupa Ave. Suite C
Riverside, Ca. 92504
(909) 353-1253

If you decide to get one contact me I have some jetting advise that definately works better with the VORTEX.

Clark

• Matt_Porritt

Posted June 24, 2000 - 02:45 PM

I can sell you one (or 2!) :)

Pick a flavour and let me know..

------------------
--
**Ride it like you Stole it!**
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F
Rubber Chicken Racing

• chillydogg

Posted June 30, 2000 - 06:40 AM

What is the cost of the Vortex dual????

------------------
Chillydogg / Georgia

• Matt_Porritt

Posted July 02, 2000 - 08:20 PM

Chilly and anyone else..

If you're interested in a SHARP price on a Vortex Dual curve or a Vortex Performance ignition.. contact me via email and we can discuss a price.

Due to having them made in Australia (across the ditch) I can get them alot cheaper than you dealers can.

------------------
--
**Ride it like you Stole it!**
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F
Vist the Rubber Chicken Racing Online Shop
Discounts for ThumperTalk members.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.