1st mountain ride of the season

No replies to this topic
  • Dougie

Posted July 01, 2000 - 10:25 AM

I am actually going on the 1st mountain ride of the season Sunday...YAHOO! I love the first high altitude ride of the year.

We are going to Breckenridge (CO) and will hit altitudes between 9500 and 13000. I'm really not jetted for it yet so I expect a not so dialed in bike. I haven't had the time to get it prepared for the alts yet.

We had a mild winter and the spring has actually been hotter than normal. So we should be able to get all over up there. I do expect to run into some snow drifts that may be unpassable but I'd say the majority of the terrain will be open. Enough to satisfy my need to get up there.

For you CO boys, we are also planning on going up there again next Sunday also. Keep it in mind if you can make it. For me, nothing beats a day trip to Breck....except a weekend in Moab maybe.

I needs to ride up in 'dem mountains!

Dougie, '99 WR400
Mods: YZ timing, Race Tech Suspension, FMF PC IV, FMF Hi FLo Moto, YZ seat, IMS 3.3 tank, One Industries Graphics, Renthal bars, 14/52 gearing.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.