Aussie terminology.

2 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 30, 2000 - 04:08 PM

I've heard Aussies describe a bike as a WR400 Across, or a 250 Across.............What the heck is an "Across".....never heard of it here in the US.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matt_Porritt

Posted June 30, 2000 - 05:58 PM

I'm just accross the ditch from Aussie.. and I have NO IDEA what you're on about!! :)

WAY over my head! :D

**Ride it like you Stole it!**
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F
Vist the Rubber Chicken Racing Online Shop
Discounts for ThumperTalk members.

• RodH

Posted July 01, 2000 - 03:34 AM

The only thing that I can think it must be is the Suzuki Across 250. It's a 250cc road bike that revs to 18,000rpm and is about as fast as an XR250, they really are a piece of **** . A mate bought one once, and you could here it coming from miles away, and you would think "**** whatever this is it must be going" anyway he would cruise past at 60km/h doing 12,00rpm.

RodH Canberra, Australia<A HREF="" TARGET=_blank>
400 Thumpers Australia</A>
2000 WR400F See Photo's and Modifications

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.