WR426 Bog/Stall/Hesitation problem

5 replies to this topic
  • fritz73

Posted July 27, 2007 - 06:50 AM

The bike is a 01 WR426. It has developed a hesitation at higher rpm. It always happens when I want quick excelleration and always seems to be at the same rev point. Eventually it spits and stalls.

I just had a new piston and rings put in. The valves were reseated and adjusted as well. I put in a new excellerator pump diaphram...which did nothing for the problem. All the breather tubes are clear and the jets are clean. This problem started at about 20 miles with the new rebuild.

Any ideas?

• snowman02

Posted July 27, 2007 - 09:29 AM

Fritz, have you done any rejetting since the rebuild? You might need too, seeing that you did a rebuild on it. But don't take my word on it, I am still a newbie to the WR family, and am learning alot from all the great TT'ers around this site. GL

Snowman

• fritz73

Posted July 29, 2007 - 05:02 PM

Thanks for the jetting suggestion. I'll explore that option.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Shuffler

Posted July 30, 2007 - 06:58 AM

JD jet kit, ZipTy fuel screw, and do the BK Mod to the carb. Seemed to work for me...

• fritz73

Posted July 31, 2007 - 11:53 AM

Being that the valves were recut, seated and suppose to be adjusted...would this cause the hesitation if they weren't properly adjusted? I am hearing some chatter.

And would I still need a jet kit if the bore was not changed? A stock OEM piston and ring was used.

Thanks for the suggestions

• byggd

Posted July 31, 2007 - 02:27 PM

JD jet kit, ZipTy fuel screw, and do the BK Mod to the carb. Seemed to work for me...

I did the same to my 02. Runs like a champ :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.