bike help

14 replies to this topic
  • KTM RULES

Posted July 27, 2007 - 03:51 AM

hey guys i am having some trouble deciding between what 450 i would like to get. i am tossing up between the 08 CRF, RMZ and YZF. i can get good deals on both the CRF and RMZ but i really like yamaha and i like how the 08 YZ450F looks. plus the yammy is released and is able to be bought now, whereas there will be a long wait on the two other bikes.

• mxracer206

Posted July 27, 2007 - 04:01 AM

All the bikes are so good now it all boils down to the best deal for some people. We had overheat problems with our RMZ last year, with a YZ you get a great bike that is very dependable and does almost everything good on the track. Get the Yamaha and ride.

• KTM RULES

Posted July 27, 2007 - 04:38 AM

yeh well next time we visit the dealer we will see what kind of deal we can get with trade in and other stuff like that.

• Ga450owner

Posted July 27, 2007 - 05:49 AM

All of them are great bikes.....for 08
The Kawi and and Yami are out - find the best deal or wait for the Zuk and the CRF.......:thumbsup:

• KTM RULES

Posted July 27, 2007 - 05:51 AM

yep just gotta do some looking around and quoting prices and such. then i will decide what bike to get from there.

• razornpc

Posted July 27, 2007 - 06:04 AM

go with old blue you know its the only way

• ben_suhard

Posted July 27, 2007 - 06:20 AM

So now you're telling us KTM doesn't RULE anymore???:p It's good to see you've finally seen the light, some of my friends are still wandering in the orange wilderness, I don't think they'll ever find their way out. I say get a CRF or YZF, and of course I'd lean more towards the blue bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KTM RULES

Posted July 27, 2007 - 06:38 AM

well currently i have an 01 YZ250F, and i would like to go up to a 08 model YZ450F but it costs about $12000 over her. i can pick up a leftover 07 CRF450R for $9990 and an 08 RMZ-450 for around the 12 thousand mark as well. dad was talking to a fellow racer who said the RMZ would be the best deal as it has EFI but it doesnt come out till around january which sucks. i also think the RMZ will have problems as it will have big changes like EFI and they added another gear for 08.

• grayracer513

Posted July 27, 2007 - 07:50 AM

If I were you, I'd grab a end-of-year deal on an '07. There are differences each year since '06, but they're on the order of refinements, rather than major changes, and any '06 or later model YZ450 is a serious piece of work that you'll be glad to own.

The other bikes each do one or two things better than the YZF, but not one does so many things so well, and with so few faults. IMO.

• Wiz636

Posted July 27, 2007 - 01:08 PM

If you are set on picking up an '08 and don't bleed YZ blue then maybe check out the CRF or the RMZ...don't they have EFI for '08? Might be worth checking one of those out.

• ben_suhard

Posted July 27, 2007 - 07:09 PM

If I were you, I'd grab a end-of-year deal on an '07.

Yeah, you should be able to get an '07 YZF for around 10 g's. Mention to the dealer that you can get a CRF for 10 but would rather a blue bike, and see if he would be willing to match that price.

• WB450

Posted July 27, 2007 - 07:40 PM

I thought KTM rules, LOL end of year YZ would be a good choice IMO.

• KTM RULES

Posted July 28, 2007 - 12:45 AM

Yeah, you should be able to get an '07 YZF for around 10 g's. Mention to the dealer that you can get a CRF for 10 but would rather a blue bike, and see if he would be willing to match that price.

well i would get a 08 yammy but the dealer doesn not do trade ins. (as that is what we are doing) he doesnt do trade ins cos he is only a small dealer and cant afford it. whereas the honda dealer can get us a trade in. i have been talking more to my dad and it looks like i might be grabbing a leftover 07 CRF450R.

• ben_suhard

Posted July 28, 2007 - 09:30 AM

well i would get a 08 yammy but the dealer doesn not do trade ins. (as that is what we are doing) he doesnt do trade ins cos he is only a small dealer and cant afford it. whereas the honda dealer can get us a trade in. i have been talking more to my dad and it looks like i might be grabbing a leftover 07 CRF450R.

Yep, fair enough, I'm sure you'll enjoy the CRF.

• KTM RULES

Posted July 28, 2007 - 06:40 PM

yep. hopefully i might be getting it within the next few weeks :D

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.