Ideas on Commerative TT Moab T's/sweatshirt/Motorcycle jerseys ??

10 replies to this topic
  • Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted June 28, 2000 - 07:45 AM

Thought I'd throw this out. Anyone ever think of some sort of commerative ThumperTalk "Race Wear"? I order my stuff from, among other places, Kevins Racing Supply (www.kevinscycleracing.com) out of Massachusettes. He used to sell jersys that were 100% cotton, in black, with his logo on it (any order over $100 got you a free jersey). I don't know about any of you guys, but I can NEVER have enough jerseys, especially one that would be near and dear to my heart.
Any of you guys have any connections that
might garner us some (T's, sweatshirts, long sleeve jerseys) at something better than max retail?
If we did find some clothing AND we came up with some sort of logo/printwork it would be a good thing.
Money wise, I would recommend coming up w/ the shirts, the artwork then ask for money UPFRONT prior to placing the order. This way, everybody wins!!
Any thoughts?

------------------
99 WR, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and seat, jetting by Clark, fork job by Pro Action.
AMA, NETRA

For clarification: WE'LL be having a KICK ASS time in Moab!! Right Mitchy & Bill?!!

[This message has been edited by Kevin in New Hampshire (edited 06-28-2000).]

• Bryan

Posted June 28, 2000 - 11:10 AM

Kevin,
lets chat about this. I've been looking on-line and haven't found a place yet that can do the work for a small quantity and a reasonable amount.

Bryan...

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted June 28, 2000 - 12:10 PM

I wonder if iprint.com can handle the graphics? I own enough shares!

Just checked out www.iprint.com.

They have polo shirts, sweatshirts and T's. If you are wondering what "pique" is, it means "Ribbed" (for her pleasure?). Their prices vary w/ quantity and number of colors used.

I e-mailed them to check on a shareholder discount. Hey, it's worth a shot!

[This message has been edited by Kevin in New Hampshire (edited 06-28-2000).]

• Mitch_from_Oz

Posted June 28, 2000 - 01:56 PM

Hey Guys, I can do it here.

Some frioends and I were fox hunting (yes, very nerdy but allows you to drive extremely fast and crash alot) and we ordered 4 sweat shirts with our logo, single color and each jersey with print was AU$45.00 Which is about US$30. Now, with an order of say 30, we can get T-shirts for around US$20 with multiple colors....

Let me know

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted June 28, 2000 - 03:24 PM

Mitch,
Is this through iprint?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mitch_from_Oz

Posted June 28, 2000 - 05:07 PM

Hey Kevin,

No, it is through a small group located in Melbourne. I dont think they even have a web site. But, they have done work in the past and it has always been of excellent quality.

So, if we can get the number of T-shirts and sizes we need, and design, 1 month before hand, i can have them prepared and bring them with me. I can flip the bill, but will expect the group to then buy the t-shirts. So, once people have confirmed, i do expect them to follow through.

Mitch

• Grum_from_Oz

Posted June 28, 2000 - 10:42 PM

Mitch,
definitely count me in for a jersey. Great idea Kevin as I would be proud to wear limited edition bona fide THUMPERTALK racing apparel. Anyone got ideas for the design yet?
Cheers
Grum. :)

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted June 28, 2000 - 11:59 PM

Just received word from IPRINT. Considering the fact the guy did not akcknowledge my stockholder status, I amm assuming it does not matter.

Easy come, easy go, no harm, no foul, etc.

• Bill

Posted June 29, 2000 - 02:16 AM

Kevin and Bryan,

I'll send you an email on this. I work in the printing industry and may possibly be able to help with the artwork creation. Once you have the CRC (camera ready copy). You can take it to almost anyone and they can print the image via silk-screen or you can even have iron-on transfers made. I might even be able to help with getting the printed.

Give me a few days and I'll let you know.

Bill

------------------
86TT225, 98CR80, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted June 29, 2000 - 03:08 AM

Excelent Bill. Let us know!!

I have been wondering about the graphics. I am not artistic in that respect.

I bought my Shoei VFX in Fall of '93. In 1991, I painted my Bell Moto4, spending about $250 on paint (the real automotive stuff-acryllic laquers, polurethane). The end result was good. I wanted my Shoei to turn out nice, but the cost of the paints is too much and it is a lot of work. I have been struggling to come up w/ ideas on my Shoei. 3 years ago, I painted it. The wolf head on top, according to a friend, looked like an OWL. I have since sanded my wolf head down and my Shoei now sits in my home office waiting to be completed. I will be finishing it prior to Moab. Finding time is tough though and the humidity has to be moderately low. The smell is also very overpowering. It states on the can that prolonged breathing can cause permanent brain damage. I only have something like 3 brain cells left and have to watch what I do to prevent turning into a bowl of cauliflower!! :)

• Team_Oatmeal_Pie

Posted June 29, 2000 - 06:42 AM

Would it be possible to put a slogon on the shirt like "I came, I rode, I ate sshh...sandstone in Moab 2000.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.