07 YZ450F Exhaust system

5 replies to this topic
  • ttracer969

Posted July 26, 2007 - 04:37 PM

I just purchased an 07 yz450f. And I'm wanting to put a pipe on it. I'm considering either the DR.D stainless set up or one of the GYTR units. Which is better?

Hopefully, somebody in here has used one of these.

thank you

ttracer969

• honda597

Posted July 26, 2007 - 05:46 PM

I just purchased an 07 yz450f. And I'm wanting to put a pipe on it. I'm considering either the DR.D stainless set up or one of the GYTR units. Which is better?

Hopefully, somebody in here has used one of these.

thank you

ttracer969

Go for the Dr D. Personally i would go for the White Bros Carbon pro.

• ingramo

Posted July 26, 2007 - 05:54 PM

I second the Dr. D. As far as the carbon pipes, don't do it unless you have money to throw away or you're really anal about bike and exhaust maintenance.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cowboyona426

Posted July 26, 2007 - 07:43 PM

I have a complete Dr. D stainless system on my 06 and it looks and performs great. My only concern is that I may not be able to remove the oil filter cover without removing the header now (just like my old 00 :( )

• ttracer969

Posted July 26, 2007 - 08:07 PM

I'm 100% NOT interested in a carbon exhaust system. they're too much work. but I am 100% interested in a stainless. I'm thinking about buying the DR.D. but I'm not sure because I'm thinking that the GYTR one is going to be real good aswell....:excuseme:

• Slinkyman16

Posted July 26, 2007 - 08:50 PM

What exactly are you looking to get out of your exhaust? in all honesty your not going to get much out of a full exhaust, other than moving your powerband up or down a little. the stock exhaust system on our bikes are actually really good units. so what exactly are you trying to get out of your bike? more bottom end hit? if so changing to a larger rear will do the trick, without the price tag. maybe a 50-51 tooth. this is just my two cents...

but back to your original ? i would go with the dr.d stainless or the white bros aluminum pro.. but also if you ever plan on lowering your rads then you will need a dr.d exhaust.. just a heads up note.
josh

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.